DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2014 Ram 1500, w/ dual climate control:

I replaced my evaporator core last week because the old one was busted. Put everything back together, and then earlier this week, went and had the A/C system recharged. Well now that is all back together, when I turned the temperature control to "HI" is blows cold air, and hot on "LO". I called a dealership and they said the blend door actuator needs to be recalibrated. He said I could pull the positive and negative wires off the battery, hold them together for 10 seconds, and then reinstall them, and that MIGHT fix it. If not, I would need to take it to the dealership and hook it up to the scanner to have it recalibrated. My question is, does anyone know of a trick to recalibrate the system without taking it to the dealership. They want to charge $125 just to hook it up, which I don't want to pay unless I absolutely have to.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Did you do what the dealership recommended, removing the battery cables, touching them together for 10 seconds and reconnect? This basically reboots your ECM and BCM.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts