DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2014 Ram 1500, w/ dual climate control:

I replaced my evaporator core last week because the old one was busted. Put everything back together, and then earlier this week, went and had the A/C system recharged. Well now that is all back together, when I turned the temperature control to "HI" is blows cold air, and hot on "LO". I called a dealership and they said the blend door actuator needs to be recalibrated. He said I could pull the positive and negative wires off the battery, hold them together for 10 seconds, and then reinstall them, and that MIGHT fix it. If not, I would need to take it to the dealership and hook it up to the scanner to have it recalibrated. My question is, does anyone know of a trick to recalibrate the system without taking it to the dealership. They want to charge $125 just to hook it up, which I don't want to pay unless I absolutely have to.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Did you do what the dealership recommended, removing the battery cables, touching them together for 10 seconds and reconnect? This basically reboots your ECM and BCM.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yes I did. It didn't change anything.
definitely cheaper solutions to recalibrate almost any module or controller. I am using AlfaObd and Foxwell NT530 either one of them have the options to calibrate components. Last thing i had to calibrate with AlfaObd was the replaced turbo controller. The software is glitchy but works for the most part. $50 for soft and Data Link Connector another $70. But you definitely cut those trips to dealers by a huge margin. My truck is 2012 2500 cummins.

·
Registered
1 Posts
not sure if this thread is still active but i read somewhere that you can have the truck running (maybe have your ac/heat going at a low speed? or maybe off completely..) and you can hold down the recirculate button for about 10 sec. and doing so will initiate a recalibration sequence for the actuators. hope this helps.

·
Registered
1 Posts
not sure if this thread is still active but i read somewhere that you can have the truck running (maybe have your ac/heat going at a low speed? or maybe off completely..) and you can hold down the recirculate button for about 10 sec. and doing so will initiate a recalibration sequence for the actuators. hope this helps.
close, put the vehicle on / running (did mine with engine going)
Put the recirc speed to low, but not off.
Hold for 10 seconds and release.
Immediate press and hold again until the light flashes. Then release

the light will flash the remainder of the Calibration sequence (roughly 20 seconds)

I did this when I had Zero heat thinking it was my core, now half my vehicle has heat, but both sides full airflow, so I think I need to replace the actuator behind the glovebox but easy day.

·
Registered
449 Posts
that procedure only works for regular climate control, not dual ATC like the OP states he has, (hopefully he has it fixed by now, orig post is over a year old)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a '13 1500 and gave this procedure a try with no luck. Hoping it is a caliberation issue as I am only getting slightly warm air from the vents, moving the dial to cold and it does change and air gets colder

·
Registered
1 Posts
close, put the vehicle on / running (did mine with engine going)
Put the recirc speed to low, but not off.
Hold for 10 seconds and release.
Immediate press and hold again until the light flashes. Then release

the light will flash the remainder of the Calibration sequence (roughly 20 seconds)

I did this when I had Zero heat thinking it was my core, now half my vehicle has heat, but both sides full airflow, so I think I need to replace the actuator behind the glovebox but easy day.
My 2012 Ram 1500 Laramie with dual zone also has encountered some low heat on drivers side. Have flushed out heater core with some improvement and next step is to change the left actuator as it appears to be the most easiest and logical step as the passenger side has plenty of heat.

I have chosen to comment here re the calibration utilizing the recirculating button, i have tried this several times over the last month as I could not seem to get any air flow hot or cold on the drivers side FLOOR vent. Today I tried something a little different; prior to commencing the recirculating button reset I put both the fan on AUTO, and the mode selector on AUTO.... then proceeded with the recirculating reset.....INSTANTLY i had full air on the drivers side floor vent. Although nit as warm as the passenger side the flow was like new, I’m hoping by changing the left aide actuator the heat will be as equally as warm as the passenger side. Yes

1 - 10 of 10 Posts