DODGE RAM FORUM banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just pulled the actualtor off. When its hot outside, no worries. I dont need heat till january(texas), but when it gets cold i have to take out the glovebox and reach over and manually adjust that white knob to the heater side. It works and is free so thats how its gonna be for awhile(forever)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'd try a quick calibration first, no guarantees, but for the price and 3 minutes of time, it can't hurt. Good luck

HVAC Manual Recalibration below

With the vehicle running set the HVAC blower to low

-Press and hold the recirculation button on the HVAC Control Head for 10 seconds and release.

-Now press and hold the recirculation button on the HVAC Control Head again until the recirculation LED begins to flash, then release.

-The system will perform a brief recalibration and reset faults
Thanks for this information. My 2010 2500 was having all these issues with the vents. I tried the recalibration method you described it worked!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'd try a quick calibration first, no guarantees, but for the price and 3 minutes of time, it can't hurt. Good luck

HVAC Manual Recalibration below

With the vehicle running set the HVAC blower to low

-Press and hold the recirculation button on the HVAC Control Head for 10 seconds and release.

-Now press and hold the recirculation button on the HVAC Control Head again until the recirculation LED begins to flash, then release.

-The system will perform a brief recalibration and reset faults
Thanks for sharing - just used this on my 2011 Ram 3500 MegaCab and everything reset and is working as it should. Nice quick fix ! I was worrying about ripping out my dash and replacing mixing doors and controllers and found this and thought it was well worth trying !
Thanks again !!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for sharing - just used this on my 2011 Ram 3500 MegaCab and everything reset and is working as it should. Nice quick fix ! I was worrying about ripping out my dash and replacing mixing doors and controllers and found this and thought it was well worth trying !
Thanks again !!!
How long did you have to hold the recirculating button before it started blinking? I held mine down almost a minute and nothing happened. 2015 Ram 2500

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just pulled the actualtor off. When its hot outside, no worries. I dont need heat till january(texas), but when it gets cold i have to take out the glovebox and reach over and manually adjust that white knob to the heater side. It works and is free so thats how its gonna be for awhile(forever)
I am going to try this, what does the blend door do that is between the dash and firewall? I had all mine replaced 9 months ago and now I have the same issue, no heat.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am going to try this, what does the blend door do that is between the dash and firewall? I had all mine replaced 9 months ago and now I have the same issue, no heat.
So my dealer told me my actuator behind the radio was bad, but my problem seems to be the actuator behind the glove box. It has broken the actuator multiple times and is doing the same thing OP is describing. When the truck is started, the temp select actuator (behind glove box) tries to move past the stop tab and eventually breaks the actuator. My defrost/floor/mid vent damper and actuator is working fine so not sure what that actuator has to do with it.

I am going to try the manual calibration when I get home today. Hopefully that works.

Right now I am doing what you are. Propping the damper up in the winter (only heat) and letting it fall in summer (ambient temp air, a/c doesn't work either lol)

Anyone found a fix to this problem???

Ps- Mines a 2012 RAM 2500

·
Registered
4 Posts
So my dealer told me my actuator behind the radio was bad, but my problem seems to be the actuator behind the glove box. It has broken the actuator multiple times and is doing the same thing OP is describing. When the truck is started, the temp select actuator (behind glove box) tries to move past the stop tab and eventually breaks the actuator. My defrost/floor/mid vent damper and actuator is working fine so not sure what that actuator has to do with it.

I am going to try the manual calibration when I get home today. Hopefully that works.

Right now I am doing what you are. Propping the damper up in the winter (only heat) and letting it fall in summer (ambient temp air, a/c doesn't work either lol)

Anyone found a fix to this problem???

Ps- Mines a 2012 RAM 2500

·
Registered
4 Posts
All my actuators work fine....I think. I cant't get heat at all in the truck. The only one I can't diagnose is the actuator I can't see without pulling the dash and steering column. The actuator behind the radio controls the air coming out of the lower vents and the other actuator controls the air coming out of the normal upper vents. If air is pumping out of those then those actuators are not broke. I have no heat no matter what I do.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you Jawzs2, I just did the recalibration, and it worked! My defrost was not working and my windows were icing up, I had to drive with the windows cracked open at -24 degrees, until this fixed it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Subscribed. I'm having issues as well - if I run the air on recirculate for a while, and then set it back to non-recirculate, something happens to where I get no airflow out of ANY vents - and then if I shut the truck off and come back it'll be fine. During this time when I'm getting no airflow I'll get water leaking down by the blower motor (which coincidentally I just swapped out today because my original was making a bearing noise). In winter I get the same problem after running the defroster windshield vents only - run that for a while and then something closes and I get almost no airflow anywhere even with the call fan screaming on high. Water eventually builds up and sloshes around and starts leaking. I get a clicking noise from behind glove box area. Can't duplicate it reliably so I've avoided taking it in just yet. Nervous about running it through the winter like this. Interested to see what others chime in with because mine seems like your issue - it's a random malfunction and seems unrelated to stripped gears on one or more actuators though I admit I have not pulled the dash to inspect.
Rich,
What did you end up doing to fix this issue? My truck is doing the same thing. My problem is intermittent, and after shutting the truck off, I get my air back. My problem is I’m on vacation with limited tools, and my wife can’t handle the trip home with no air movement.
I’ve tried the recalibration by pressing and holding the recirculating button, but that didn’t work for me. I have a 2012 Laramie with the dual zone A/C.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts