DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally finished my latest project and first paint project. I figured everyone knows what the engine cover looks like so no need to do a before picture, but I painted my engine cover with some engine enamel. I wanted to add some blue under the hood to go with the engine cover so I put some Blue Wire Loom under the hood too. I hope everyone enjoys the pics.:smileup:

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
looks good, like the engine cover, and the blue wire loom looks familiar! Now u need some BT goodies:

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone. Not bad for a dirty salesman who doesn't like to get his hands dirty as my service guys like to say jokingly everytime I do a self mod.:smileup: LOL

Now u need some BT goodies:

Yes I do Mopar. Could you send me a link to the place I need to go to get it?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Dude sweet!!!!!!!! where did you get the blue caps?

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
Billet Technologies (waited all year for their black friday 40% off since it's expensive) a cheap alternative would be to paint ur caps.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Wow your engine cover looks AWSOME! How did you go about it? Is the black part painted or is it just masked off? What type of paint did you use?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wow your engine cover looks AWSOME! How did you go about it? Is the black part painted or is it just masked off? What type of paint did you use?
Thank you. I sanded it first the primed it. I painted the sides blue first using engine enamel. Then sprayed the middle with black engine enamel. Then I taped off everything for the little details. I did about 3 coats of paint to be safe.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Looks really good! I think i am going to do this but in red on my truck! blue caps everywhere would look great as well

·
Registered
248 Posts
Thank you. I sanded it first the primed it. I painted the sides blue first using engine enamel. Then sprayed the middle with black engine enamel. Then I taped off everything for the little details. I did about 3 coats of paint to be safe.
Your welcome. I ordered some Austin Tan pearl and was thinking of painting the whole thing minus the raised part. Did you use an adhesion promoter 1st?

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Looks good.:smileup:

·
Registered
357 Posts
Looks good. I got some hemi Orange to do mine with

1 - 20 of 22 Posts