DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i know alot of you guys dont like the blue color but i do. I want the bluest bulb i can find without having to go HID or change anything. I have done some research and hear that the sylvania cool blue arent that blue. So what do you guys suggest and if i can get pics that would be great thanks.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
I think to get that super blue effect you'd have to get into the 10-15K range with a set of HID's. If you go to retro-solutions(dot)net, they have the kits for sale. 8k is 20% Blue, 10K is 30% Blue, and 15K is 40% Blue. I have 8K 55W Bulbs in the Lo and Fog's, but you don't really see the Blue when driving, and it's faint when looking at the truck as well. Hope this helps :smileup:

·
Registered
146 Posts
you do realize that everyone who has to look at your headlamps will want to shoot you on site, right?

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Go to your local ricer shop and say you want blue headlights.... they will have something for you..

·
Registered
709 Posts
The bluer the light the less lumen's/light output there is and it could be a safety factor.

·
Registered
340 Posts
From that link I would say 10K is bluest but 8K is blue and brighter. I got into HID's for their performance and you do give up performance when you go beyond 6k. Wacha think about the yellow? That will stand out on the road just as much as the blue. Pop a pair of those in your fogs. They will draw attention and serve a good purpose also. Then go with the 6K in the mains.

me...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts