DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, fine folks of the forum.

I have an issue with my OEM radio and I wonder whether it's me doing something wrong or it is just the way it works.

My radio is the 130 RES with uConnect and Sirius. I pretty much only use it to stream from my iPhone 6 Plus and there are a couple of things that bother me quite a bit.

First, it takes forever to acquire the phone when I first start the truck. I have to keep pressing the Disc/Aux button until it decides to find the BT connection and, given the difference in volume levels with the radio, it's not fun.

Even worse though is the fact that, once I start playing an audiobook or music, there is no way to really control it. Yes, I can fast forward and back but the pause button does nothing. It stops for a second and resumes again. The only way to stop the stream is either switch off the radio or stop the truck and open the door.

Any clues on how to fix this issue?

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
I can't get my iPhone 6 to connect to stream music on mine. My iPhone 5c and Motorola Turbo connected fine and streamed. I'm wondering if the Uconnect/Bluetooth in the radio needs to be updated. Maybe it's needs to be updated, I'm going to find out next time I take it in to get serviced.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That sucks, Mopar Big Horn!

Do you think it is possible to update the software on these older, simpler radios?

Have you tried to delete all devices first and then reconnect the iPhone as a new device? When I got the truck it had a bunch of iPhones in memory. I deleted them all and it had no problems accepting both mine and my wife's.

As far as I know there is no difference in the kind of Bluetooth between the 5C and the 6.

By the way, were you able to pause the music with your 5C?

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
I know they do have updates for the touch screens but not really sure about about the non touch screens.

I think the only other phone saved is my Turbo. I may give that a try this afternoon and see if it works.

Sometimes, it was almost like watching a video that is buffing. The video is loading you hit play and it acts like it is going to start but it doesn't so you hit pause and it starts to play and pauses itself. Never had problems with Android phones.

There is a member, RamTech, he is a certified Chrysler Tech. If you are a site supporter you can ask questions like this in the "Ask A Dodge Ram Tech" section.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts