DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried using the search feature, and came up with zero results. I just ordered one on Amazon (signed up for a prime trial, got free 2 day shipping :smileup:) The bluetooth part was 22 bucks, and I am going to try one of the apps for my Android phone or Tablet. I am currently have a Wrangler, but hopefully will have my Ram next week. It looks like I will be driving 250 miles one way to pick it up, so I figure it will be fun to play with on the way back.

If you aren't familiar with such a thing, basically it is a reader that transmits via bluetooth to your phone or tablet. The app reads all the data and you can use it as a code reader, and also get real time info from your sensors. Including temp, MAP, fuel flow, ect.

Here is a video I just looked up that kinda shows what I am talking about:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1P5tEwmh78

What do you guys think? Any experience with this? I figured for 20 bucks for the reader, and 5 bucks for the app, I would at the minimum have a code reader. Hard to beat that.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What makes the Kiwi better than the cheaper bluetooth one? Is it faster and smoother at communication? I haven't got my hands on mine yet (due to be delivered today) and was just curious.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts