DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys my truck had steps on it at one point and when they removed them they left the brackets so i need to remove them got the dr. Front out relatively easy and then started the pass. Front and i sprayed it with pb blaster the last 5-6 times and i broke the bolt about 5/8in from the bottom and was wondering what i can do to remove it i can remove it from the other side i think but theres a plate in there that has to be cut out to get to it from there i think i might tryto thread it into the cab since it broke on the threads and remove it that way with vice grips but what would you guys do??

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When the weather permits it ill get a picture.
Removing the otherbolts is not gonna happen i mean im no small guy and they wont break loose cause of the salt and rust thats in the holes. The farthest one back on the passenger side is stuck and i have a 24in 1/2 ratchet that wont touch it

·
Registered
17 Posts
Farm-All, we're you able to get the broken bolt out? I looked and I thought I was missing a bolt but it's broken off inside the mount. I'm hoping you cane up with something revolutionary that will convince me to get it out.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No never got it out bud, im probably gonna pull back my vinyl floor and see what i can figure out, im hoping i can get away with cutting the plate out and making a holder for the nut to fit the hole of the floor and then build the height up so the floor plate holds it down.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts