DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is the right place to post this. Please let me know if I'm wrong. Anyway, I have a 99 quad cab 1500. It has 4" suspension lift, 3" body lift, with 37" tires. I am thinking about taking out the body lift and going with smaller tires. How difficult will this be to do? and what will I need to get it done. Thank you in advance.
Johnny G

·
Registered
666 Posts
Not sure if this is the right place to post this. Please let me know if I'm wrong. Anyway, I have a 99 quad cab 1500. It has 4" suspension lift, 3" body lift, with 37" tires. I am thinking about taking out the body lift and going with smaller tires. How difficult will this be to do? and what will I need to get it done. Thank you in advance.
Johnny G
I think your best bet would be to get a set of install instructions online and give them a once over. In my experience 3" body lifts generally add an extension tot he shifter and steering linkages that would have to be removed, and I suspect you would need to purchase new stock body mounts to replace the ones you remove.

Good luck!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I think your best bet would be to get a set of install instructions online and give them a once over. In my experience 3" body lifts generally add an extension tot he shifter and steering linkages that would have to be removed, and I suspect you would need to purchase new stock body mounts to replace the ones you remove.

Good luck!
You hit the nail on the head. Remove the extensions on the shifter and linkage, flip over the brake line connections and fan shroud/wiper fluid mount and reverse the directions. You might need new front bumper mounts. I seem to remember having to cut mine. If the body mounts are original, get the polyurethane ones. Cheap enough and last forever.

Andy...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts