DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
IMO, short bed, regular cab 2 door truck just look sweeter.. most would agree. But are just not as functional for many of us as we need the seating right?

To me the shorter and wider a truck looks, the meaner and more aggresive it looks.

Is there an engineering reason why an FOB truck can't have the bed open up into the Cab with a folddown midgate?

Alot of Concepting around the idea in the last few years , but all on some car or minivan unibody platform.

Still eager to see what the 2012 Dodge Dakota Replacement (Lifestyle Truck) is going be exactly. Purely aestetics, but I think if it fails to look like a race truck it will fail.

·
Registered
8,249 Posts
It'll be an interesting discussion, there've been other posts here on the exact subject. Personally I think the old Ranchero and El Camino trucks had a place for many consumers and would again be a top seller if the cool factor were right.

E

·
0 Posts
I really like that idea. I owned an ElCamino back in the day (wayyyyy back in the day...LOL) and it was a great rig. It didn't have a mid gate, of course, but I can imagine it as I have spent some time in a buddy's Chev Avalanche (the pickup that isn't a pickup...:D) and I can see how this would work.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And while we are day dreaming about potential future design changes. If I had a quarter for every truck I've seen on the highway with a 12+ foot ladder, 2x4, Pipe, kayak or surfboard leaned up against the cab roof corner seperated by a towel or piece of cardboard.. I'd be rich.

A headache bar has got to be ugliest most industrial looking thing you can put on your truck, but IMHO the most functional mod you can ever make.

In my perfect truck design, a truck is delivered with a reinforced cab roof corner with a scratch resistent aluminum plate with the anticiaption that at some point you are going to need use it this way.. especially if the truck bed is now shorter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts