DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got my Ram back at the end of October, but I still considerate new. It was rough to sit in my office today and watch the marble size hail come down. I went out to look and couldn't see any obvious damage, but I can't imagine that there are no dents. :i_rolleyes:

·
Administrator
2008 RAM 1500 ST 3.7L Magnum V6 PS2
54,099 Posts
Had that happen to me just after I bought my truck and I could only imagine all the dings after it was over but I got very lucky, no damage, so sure hope it's the same for you and everyone in those areas today stays safe!

- Cajun

·
Registered
35,470 Posts
That would be very hard for anyone to sit there and watch that... Good luck.. I hope there isn't a single dent in your truck... Let us know how you made out...

·
Registered
55 Posts
When I purchased my truck in June of 2011, it had been thru a hail storm while at the dealership, they repaired the dents then marked down another $1500 off the price, so i figure, hey the hail cherry has done been busted...LOL

·
Registered
307 Posts
Usually, marble sized hail isn't going to do much if any damage to your truck. I've been thru baseball sized hail and it nearly totaled my last car. Busted rear glass, even broke off a side mirror. Took the body shop a month to repair all the damage.

I believe I read an article stating hail damages more property per year than hurricanes and tornadoes combined.

Darin

·
Registered
206 Posts
Usually, marble sized hail isn't going to do much if any damage to your truck. I've been thru baseball sized hail and it nearly totaled my last car. Busted rear glass, even broke off a side mirror. Took the body shop a month to repair all the damage.

I believe I read an article stating hail damages more property per year than hurricanes and tornadoes combined.

Darin
Hail causes some serious damage for sure. I used to work in construction repairing storm damage, the first thing we did when arriving in a new city was to check out the car lots to see where the most damage occurred. Marble size hail might dent some cars, but baseball size just beats up everything.

·
Registered
471 Posts
we had a 82 cutlass supreme that got beat up by hail. wife was at work and a tstorm came thru and dropped hail that covered the ground completetly. if i remember correctly it was between marble and golf ball size. hoping your truck is fine:smileup:

·
Registered
86 Posts
I would still take it to a body shop to check for any damage they use special UV/light witch can show a lot more what you can see

·
Registered
464 Posts
Have it checked out. If there is any damage, at all a good PDR (paintless dent repair) tech will be able to fix it for you.

·
Registered
462 Posts
My first brand new car that I bought in College was sitting in my driveway after 2 months of owning it. It was beat on by hail for about 10 minutes and the entire hood, roof, and trunk looked like it was orange peel.

I didn't do much about it and it bugged me every single day for he 6 years I owned it. If you can't see it, that is good, but if you can I would try getting it fixed. If you are meticulous it will bug the hell out of you.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes, I got very lucky to the people an hour south of me. I want to be the first one to say I have NOTHING to complain about. Some hail dents, yes I have some :( , in my truck is NOTHING compaired to the people who lost family members and their houses. My heart absolutely broke for the toddler that was found out in a field. I couldn't read the story, but it looks like she survived and her family didn't.
That is an excellent point hunter. I have so much to be thankful for and I do try to remember what is really important in life. I am so embarrassed about how I acted back in college when my mom dropped a rake on my brand new trans am. IT'S JUST A CAR. It can be repainted and repaired. Be a better person and realize this. How you act towards others and having your priorities right are more important.
Sorry, just venting on myself.

I realize it's not a huge deal, more of a "aagghh dang" kinda thing during the hail and I know no one was bagging on me.
I did check and I have about 10 little dings in my hood and about 20 on my roof. 3 on my hood and 5 on the roof are visable from 6 feet. The rest you have to get down and look down the sheet metal.

Anyone tried the dry ice trick or should I just take it to a paintless dent pro?

·
Registered
15,696 Posts
first, my point was how lucky you were not to be hit by tornadoes, not to minimize any damage to your truck. it would piss me off. now, i would let insurance handle it and get it fixed by a pro.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts