DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Thinking it's time to upgrade the exhaust on my 2010 sport. What do you guys think, get a muffler and tips, or install an entire cat back. After that's figured out, I'm so torn between Magnaflow, Flowmaster 10 (I freaking love the sound of these), Borla, and Corsa systems. I was originally biased towards Magnaflow 100% with all the positive reviews, but after further research the other three have got me in a pickle. Borla and Corsa seem to make top of the line systems and the rumble on the FM10 blows my mind, however I am worried it would be too loud and obnoxious in and out of cab.

Any opinions are greatly appreciated. I am in dire need of your guy's help!

Cheers!

·
Registered
422 Posts
I would vote for Borla. Nice deep rumble and not too loud! Sounds great

·
Registered
387 Posts
You should look into the MBRP XP Series catback system and their black tips to go with it... XP Series still has a life time warranty...

·
Banned
20 Posts
I'm planning on swapping my 18" Magnaflow out for something that sounds a little more badass MBRP and FM 50HD is what i'm leaning towards.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Compare
Borla muffle swap $250 (150 part and 100 labor)
Borla cat back $1000

For the very small gain, the extra $750 aint worth it. And its like the for all cat back vs muffle swap. Save your cash and save up for headers. Your three restriction points in your exhaust at headers, y pipe and muffler. The cat back only addresses the muffler, just like a muffler swap. Just my $0.02

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Cat back is a waist of money. If your looking for performance.

·
Registered
325 Posts
^^^
agreed. I got in an argument on another thread about it. They tried to claim that the slight increase in pipe size is worth the extra $$

·
Super Moderator
34,749 Posts
Corsa and Borla are in an entirely different league than Magnaflow and Flowmaster. One thing I will say about a cat back over a muffler is that it allows your entire system to be tuned to your truck instead of a muffler that is welded in with a Y-pipe. I guess that's not really a big difference for direct fit mufflers though.

·
Registered
6,250 Posts
these Hemi's like to breathe so look for one that is a straight thru design as opposed to chambered... i.e. Maganflows...

·
Super Moderator
34,749 Posts
Borla and Corsa are both straight through. Corsa uses unobtrusive chambers to the side of the main passage and Borla uses a glass pack design with a perforated jacket.

Corsa:

Borla:

Also, both Corsa and Borla use T-304 stainless, which has a higher chromium and nickel content than the (I believe) T-409 that Magnaflow uses, making it better for exhausts because its more corrosion resistant. Flowmaster uses aluminized steel, which will be pretty rust free for the most part, except for the welds.

·
Registered
6,250 Posts
i agree, those 2 are very good options. Flowmasters are strictly a sound mod and do not perform as well as these.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts