DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see that borla makes a cat back exhaust for the 09 ram, does anyone know if it will fit the 10? if so what mods if any are needed? anyone have a borla exhaust on their 10? maybe some pics or video clip of it on?

·
Registered
190 Posts
The Borla cat-back will fit your 2010. No mods are required although you will see gains with an intake and programmer. I have only a Borla ProXS muffler on mine so it won't sound like the complete cat-back system. (larger muffler on the complete cat-back)

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info, that is my plan but have to get it all in stages. How does just the muffler sound?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
appreciate the video clip! Anyone know where I can find a functional ram air hood like the one on the video clip for a 2010? I have been trying to find a 2010 ram air hood that is functional but have yet to find one.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
DSPTYWCADET09 - thanks for the links, you are a big help!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cdnoilram - thanks for the link also!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
kurtis, I see that you have that ram air hood. how much did it cost to get painted?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Golfsix - I really dont know how to answer that question. really it is a preference, i could say that I believe Borla is more of a high end construction, and they give you a million mile warranty because they know you will not have to replace it before replacing your vehicle. The warranty speaks for itself, if you ask me. Im sure there are plenty of other people on the forum that would say magnaflow or flowmaster are of the same construction. "To each his own" I say do some research on the construction of all and go with your gut. I know what a borla exhaust and headers sounds like on a jeep SRT8 and if you are looking for a deep low LOUD exhaust, you may want Borla. Borla also makes mufflers that are bolt on, so instead of cat back. If you want to wait I will be posting some video and pics of the cat back system i just bought for my 2010 crew as soon as it comes in. (approx 2-3 more weeks)

you can also check out the site www.borla.com although it says there is no cat back system for a 2010, the 09 one will fit perfectly, so says Borla

·
Registered
286 Posts
In my own personal experience, and I've installed just about every brand name exhaust out there from Borla, Gibson, Magnaflow, Flowmaster, Volant to name a few, and I believe Borla is the top of the industry as far as build quality goes. Magnaflow, Volant, and Gibson were all very well built exhaust systems with Flowmaster bringing up the rear. Flowmaster quality has gone down in recent years IMO. The Flowmaster I had installed on my 04 Ram only lasted 2 years before rotting from the inside out. Just personal experiences...

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
that borola sounds nice...would like to see more of a bark when its reved up though

1 - 16 of 16 Posts