DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at ordering a full cat back exhaust from borla. Just wanna know if anyone has any other suggestions or if I am waisting my time and should just change out the muffler? Please help.

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
Borla is really good stuff! Haven't seen many of these out there...probably price. Bolt on stainless kits are really nice, and you could always get a couple hundred bucks out of your stock setup for someone that wants the dual exit bumper setup!

·
Registered
690 Posts
I went with just the muffler and then took out the resonator rather than the whole catback system. It saved me some money and I feel like I got the same gains out of it. The stock exhaust is stainless steel and so is the catback. That being said I think BORLA is the best sounding exhaust out there. Here is my exhaust thread http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=81889. 916Timmy is one of the few here that have heard my truck in person. I am really really happy with how it came out. It can be pretty loud when I get on it but I love the sound!!!

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
^^^^It does sound AMAZING...but the longtube headers help with that! I also built my own exhaust with a new y pipe and magnaflow muffler for 250 bucks total...but my stock exhaust is all cut up and worth $0.00. Your call!

And here is my install with videos so you can hear what the difference is....mine still has stock headers and resonators.

http://ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=71908

·
Registered
293 Posts
ELD's truck sounds beast but I really like the sound of my 14" magnaflow as well (getting the Y pipe soon) with an airaid CAI.

Not to hijack, but can someone give me the right part # for the magnaflow y pipe im looking for

·
Registered
293 Posts
thanks brotha
:rep:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the advice everyone. But I heard a sound clip of the borla and very impressed with the sound. I originally wanted the Mufflex dodm14 but was sad to find out that there is another ram with that exhaust in this small town of mine so I'm goin big and goin borla. Any suggestions for cold air? I was looking at volant

·
Registered
293 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
inclined to agree there. your best bet is just to copy ELD cause his truck is amazing!

·
Registered
690 Posts
lmao. I don't know about all that but thanks for the compliment. jdubsss, I finally wrote out a build thread for everything I have done. The link is in my sig. Back to the OP....To each his own. I searched for hours and hours before I bought my CAI. Some people swore by this one, some by that one. They all had the same arguements as to why theirs was better. I just don't see how there can be a big difference in them from brand to brand. Beyond that they still all feed into the same tb. Any CAI is an improvement over stock. Some have great looks going for them. Some make more of an intake sound that people desire. Either way, I really don't think you can go wrong. My only suggestion is to get a dry filter application. I have heard of people getting the oiled filter and tripping the cel when they are at wot. They suck too much air in and some of that oil gets on the sensor. I haven't heard of it happening to any rams, but a coworkers Chevy does it every time he pulls his 5th wheel on the highway. He thinks it's normal :lol:

Lol, you may not have to steal it. I think it's my next purchase. Since I have to wait for my stereo I just HAVE to buy something this month. :)

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
You weren't supposed to see that reply!

OP....another vote for dry filters. They are better at trapping dirt and easier to clean and maintain. Oiled guaze is old school....some things get better with time.

·
Registered
293 Posts
agreed on the dry filters...although I don't think they meet the cali clean air act which has been adopted by several states. obviously it's not an issue if you don't live in one of those states (NJ is one unfortunately) and wouldn't be an issue until inspection is due.

·
Registered
690 Posts
I live in Oklahoma where we did away with yearly inspections, like trucks, burn gas for fun, and throw used oil on baby ducks to weed out the weak ones. No worries about the emissions stuff here. We still have the law, they just don't have a system to enforce it anymore. I still try to stay somewhat within the law, but it isn't at the cost of not getting a CAI. lol

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just ordered borla full exhaust it is awesome ive had it on 3 or 4 corvettes ive had in the past and it is the best exhaust out there. Cold air i have used vararam and airaid but just went with k&n for my ram because it seems to give the most gains out of the others with the mods i have done.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts