DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SO a few weeks ago I picked my wife up a dodge ram 1500 laramie 4x4. Truck runs great, lots of power. Mods are volant cai and magnaflow cat back single behind passenger rear tire. Runs great just crappy mileage. avg on freeway is 16-17mpg.
My question is I've been looking for a tuner and thinking about DSP. Mostly for msd shut off. I thought I read somewhere you can find custom tunes for cai and exhaust. But can't find where. Would like to find a 87 tune with cai and exhaust and a 92 tune for them as well. I'm hoping getting one will be the best bang for the buck. Also do they have one where you keep it plugged in and it monitors the engine the whole time?

·
Registered
6,250 Posts
custom tuning is specific for your vehicle.. you need to do a search for cmr tuning. 2 tuners that do very well with the ram is Dave (whitelightning, he does mine) and Sean (hemifever). You'll need to do some datalogging with the diablo and email it to them and they will create a tune for you. Can you give us more detail on your truck? gears? what size wheels/tires? check to see if your still running a pinched stock Y pipe and replace it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not sure what gears are in the truck right now. Running stock tires on it right now. I want to put 35"s on it and level kit with 1' blocks on the back for her. does both the trinity and predator datalog? Also I'm not sure on the Y pipe right now. I'll have to take a look. I never really got a real good look at it yet. Where is the stock pinched y pipe at..before cats?

·
Registered
896 Posts
right off the headers and before the cats. believe me ya can't miss it lol. i love my Trinity that I have installed. does all the monitoring you could ask it to do

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Still got the crushed stock y pipe. Man what a crappy.design. looks like I need to get rid of that. What are people replacing it with.
I couldn't find what gearing is in the truck. Look on the rear end and glove box. No clue where to look. But I would imagine 392. Only because that's what most people have.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts