DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im about to order some HID's from retro-solutions, but does anyone know if i need to cap the bulbs??? I know I need to cap the fogs but not sure about the highs and lows. Also, if anyone else has these HID's, do i need to order anything extra or does anything help to make the install easier??

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
I replied to your PM.

I do suggest calling them to be certain, they're very cool.

But in my low beam install, everything was included in the cool aluminum briefcase

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
you should not need caps, the trucks original headlights have them built in, its that chrome cup that covers the light buld, if when you look at your head lights you see your light bulb then you need caps, like the fog lights, those need caps, but the headlights don't, I did not need any in my installation.

·
Registered
7,790 Posts
i have the retro solutions kits in my truck and i did not get the capping on either lows or fogs and with my kit everything comes that is needed for install even the extra wiring harness with all the relays and what not

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
im thinking about doing the same but have a few concerns where do you get the caps for the fogs yall are speaking of and is there two different bulbs for hi and lo i have the quad lights on a 2012 cc lonestar 2wd.

You can get caps at Retro Solutions, Actually you can get everything you need there and there not the cheap crappy kits or parts, and they know what there doing. I have seen cheap kits on the 2012 ram and peeps have to keep there lights on all the time cause they flicker when the daylights are running.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I got my headlight harness and 55watt bulb stuff from them. The harness was nice. The resistor's in the harness was good also. The nice box is a waste. It has the lights, ballasts and some mounting hardware. Not much hardware. I used a large zip tie to attach my ballasts.

You will need some sheet metal screws for mounting the resistors. Small heads. Not much else if I remember correctly.

me...

·
Banned
265 Posts
"Caps" are the newest gimick in the HID trend. Your headlights are going to be just as blindingly glaretacular with them or without. Get your HID kits from DDM tuning. They are the cheapest available, and considering that most HID "Kits" come from the same MFG in China anyways, they're all the same.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts