DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the abs and brake light is on. no leaks. any way to reset this or what would be the problem? thank you in advance!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have the same thing and narrowed it down to a bad booster. How does your pedal feel. Mine will be hard as a rock an no stopping power then I can lift off of it and it will go to the floor and almost put you through the windshield.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Change the sensor on the top driver side of the rear pinion. As a matter of fact, just pick one up and plug it in 1st, both lights should disappear immediately. I recommend someone like rock auto, there is, for instance, a $87 price tag on it at carquest, and 63 at autovalue, Ebay, 12 or 15 dollars, new... I paid the 63. If theres no hurry, I'd go online for one. PS, the carquest one I bought, is a universal one, and it came with an adapter to extend the wiring to reach the wire harness, so don't be too surprized if it looks a little different than the OEM. Also, don't bust your brake line at the clamp, the sensor is mounted with a stud, you remove the 1st nut, work the brake line clamp off, then uncrank the stud, (different size, if I remember right) and then pull the sensor, its snug, cuz it's sealed with an oring, just work it back and forth, it'll come, and grease the orng on the new sensor before popping it in, Quite simple, actually...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts