DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question, I have a 2016 Ram 1500 Big Horn 5.7. In the summer I pull a 24 ft pontoon boat. The boat trailer does not have trailer brakes. I live near the Adirondacks so there is a lot of up and down hills. I'm looking for recommendations on a quality good performing brake and rotor kit to replace what I currently have. I'm looking for a good set for the towing I do. I see a lot of sites that recommend the PowerStop Z36 brakes and rotors but those are a little out of my price range. What would be the next best affordable option? Thanks for the recommendations.

·
Registered
2015 1500 Laramie Longhorn CC, 5.7L Hemi, Prairie Pearlcoat/White Gold
107 Posts
Look up a store on eBay called BrakeMotive. They have excellent products (I'm pretty sure they are the actual manufacturer for PowerStop because I have ordered a half dozen sets from them over the years and the packaging actually says PowerStop on them) at a much reduced price. They have drilled and slotted rotors for a very good price. I've been really happy with their stuff. And they ship quickly.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I put Callahan drilled slotted rotors and ceramic pads on my 2015 1500 4x4 about 13 months ago and have no complaints. No squeaking or vibration and as good or better stopping power than stock. I can't speak to wear since I haven't had the wheels off since I installed them.

I tow a 17' fiberglass bay boat, but in SE Texas where it's flat as a runway.

I bought front and rear from Amazon for $100-200 less than the PowerStops I was considering. Amazon tells me the front/rear combo is no longer available but here are the fronts:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts