DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after driving 12.5hrs from New York to Alabama Yesterday, I was a little hungry, just got off the highway and pulled into a taco bell, sitting at the drive thru, brakes applied, then all of sudden the brake pedal hits the floor! Im thinking wtf just happened, i slam on the parking brake and manuever the truck into a parking spot using the e-brake. get out and there is a pool of brake fluid under my front passenger tire!!! I get under the truck to figure out where its coming from and the first thing i notice...the brake line is touching the wheel and tire. knowing that is a bad thing (common sense) i check the line out and there is a hole in it. well I had a off-road shop install a 6" BDS lift on my truck and apparently they thought it was a smart thing to not anchor the steel brake lines to a control arm or some place so as to not touch the wheel or tire. No auto parts store has a brake line readily available for a 2010 ram so I had no other choice but to limp it 10miles home on back roads using the parking brake and downshifting to stop!!! its an extremely eventful experience and wouldnt recommend it to anyone. Now BDS who has a lifetime warranty will not replace it for free because of the STUPID installer here in Alabama. Luckily I still have a motorcycle to get back and forth to work. Just happy it didnt happen while still on the highway at or getting off the highway at 75mph. May have gotten hairy if it happened 1 mile before it did. so all that have a lift kit, should check to see if their brake lines are anchored to something that will not allow them to touch anything that could possibly make this happen to yourself.

Reactions: RedRam10

·
Registered
107 Posts
know the feeling...

I just had a line blow out on me driving down rte 51. Pedal went to the floor and I pulled on the e brake handle and milked the pedal, shifted into 2nd, then 1st [automatic]. Now I have to replace the rotted steel line from the front of the truck to the rear. I did find a non-ferrous metal tubing that I will run. fedhillusa.com if anyone is interested. check your lines. I can't believe how bad mine are. 2002/2500/5.9L gas I'm worried I will be starting a domino effect and will be replacing everything up to the rubber lines on the calipers. d:eek:(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts