DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Dodge Ram 2500
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 98 ram 2500 v8. It doesn't take 2500 it will only take 3500. I was wanting to know what all was replaced or could possibly have been replaced to run 3500 brakes (I just want to learn more about my vehicle because I have no idea what the previous owner did)? I also need to change my brakes because they've been on a good while would I also need to get 3500 rotors and what else should I look into replacing?

P.S. Truck is being modified or upgraded to pull a large gooseneck trailer also on a bit of a tight budget (if that helps with any recommendations)
IMG_20210524_144300901.jpg

·
Registered
10 Posts
possibly have had the axle or the hubs or both swapped to beefier 3500...check your coul spring pads they tend to rot out as well as steering gear deserves an upgrade with a stabizing bracket

·
Registered
1998 Dodge Ram 2500
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
possibly have had the axle or the hubs or both swapped to beefier 3500...check your coil spring pads they tend to rot out as well as steering gear deserves an upgrade with a stabilizing bracket
I think I noticed that today when I was getting my brakes changed I may have a picture of that whole general area. I'm gonna attach it to this post. Be warned she is a little on the rough side I'm still working to get a lot of the things that have been neglected fixed.

Here's the area around the shock. I know it's quite a bit rusty we workin on it:oops:😖I also attached another picture it still has the rotor on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts