Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Upgrate with next model ram 250 for ram 150

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody. Does anybody knows if 2011 ram 250 caliper will fit 2011 ram 1500. I used to have a 1998 ram 1500 and replace the calipers for 1998 ram 250 and work ecxellent.
I read in an older post that the best way to improve braking was to exchange for the caliper and pads of the ram 250 of the same year.
Brakes on ram 2011 are to week.

Thanks

·
Resident Technician
14,202 Posts
The easiest upgrades would be a high quality pad and rotor such as those offered by EBC and replacing the stock rubber lines with braided steel lines. This will improve braking power as well as pedal feel.

·
Registered
15,630 Posts
The easiest upgrades would be a high quality pad and rotor such as those offered by EBC and replacing the stock rubber lines with braided steel lines. This will improve braking power as well as pedal feel.
which pad, yellow, red or green? i take it the the slotted rotors are better and not hype? tks steve

·
Resident Technician
14,202 Posts
Slotted or drilled rotors are better because the slots and holes allow gasses that build up between the pad and rotor during braking to be vented which allows better pad to rotor contact. I would suggest the EBC yellow truck & suv pads.

·
Registered
17,710 Posts
I run the sport rotors with the greenstuff pads. Get the 6000 GS pads for the rears and the 7000 GS pads for the fronts. If you do a lot of heavy towing and want better thermal protection, then you want the yellowstuff pads. There is NO brake dust once you burn through the bed-in material (1 week max) and they're now whisper quiet.

The rotors themselves have been quite durable, and I know I haven't treated them nicely either. They've been quenched quite frequently after a long hard drive... the joys of puddles or needing to wash the truck; and they haven't warped. I specifically went with these as I did not want cross-drilled rotors as the cross-drill locations are very prone to cracking, so the dimpled design allows for thermal expansion, but does not induce high shear stress into the rotor's surface.

Oh, and like Randy said, this is a good time to upgrade to stainless brake lines, over time, they'll keep braking firm.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts