DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Now... I know this isn't mature and all..... however. A friend of mine asked for a brake torque, so I decided to try it in my 2011 bighorn hemi, 3.92 anti-spin, traction control off. WOW. I started out as "normal" but didn't feel anything..... until I started to go sideways and saw all the smoke! Unbelievable power. I just LOVE my truck! Thinking about divorcing the wife just so that I always get to drive it. And yes, I know that's a waste of rubber.... but........ just WOW!!!! I'm only 38. I'll grow up sometime.

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
Hi guys,

Now... I know this isn't mature and all..... however. A friend of mine asked for a brake torque, so I decided to try it in my 2011 bighorn hemi, 3.92 anti-spin, traction control off. WOW. I started out as "normal" but didn't feel anything..... until I started to go sideways and saw all the smoke! Unbelievable power. I just LOVE my truck! Thinking about divorcing the wife just so that I always get to drive it. And yes, I know that's a waste of rubber.... but........ just WOW!!!! I'm only 38. I'll grow up sometime.
When you youngin' start trash talking about growing up.....it makes me feel old!
......So....Stop It! :box:

BTW - If you follow the Dodge recommended tire rotation, it really helps keep the wear from power braking even. :D

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
lol, I'm sure glad I'm not the only one who does it. When I'm getting close to needing a tire change, maybe I'll do a nice smoke video for you guys.
A little bit of this is not to harmful, but a real big smoke show could lead to a catastrophic brake issue. I don't do it often, and seldom even get to the 'smoke show' class. If you enjoy this a lot, seriously consider a 'line loc' for the brakes. At least then you can do more smoke with less power and not put any wear on the brakes. :smileup:

·
Registered
398 Posts
Agreed, get a line loc. I used to do this a lot with a Mustang I had years ago.
It screwed up the rear brakes.
I've only done it a couple of times with the Ram.
Not really that impressive with only one rear tire smoking.
( I assumed my 390 HP truck came with LS! )

·
Registered
68 Posts
We all still have some kid inside that wants to drift that corner in a full size truck tho correct?

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
We all still have some kid inside that wants to drift that corner in a full size truck tho correct?
I cannot confirm or deny having ever done that.....deliberately.....today. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts