DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 5 long years of torture in my 2013 F150 Im finally back in a RAM and a 2500 to boot. I have a few simple questions to ask. My new truck is the following.
Tradesman
6.4 Hemi
Crew 4x4
3.73 gears
Off Road package
Snow Plow prep package
Since I won't be towing often and when I do it will be 10,000 or less. What mods should I do to increase mileage and drivability. It has the Bilstein shocks but damn she is stiff. A lot stiffer than the other 2500 I drove without the snowplow prep. Also Im looking to keep her a very long time. Anything I can do to increase longevity of it? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
90 Posts
Congrats on the new truck!

As for fuel mileage, the only real thing you can do is slow down. Other than that, accept that it's a heavy truck and not a honda civic.

Longevity, just follow the service manual in the glove box.

Drive-ability, the cheapest thing to do is drop some pressure out of the rear tires when your not towing. You can air down to about 65 psi before you trip your tpms sensors. I ran my stock rears around 50-55psi when the bed was empty.

Their are all sorts of suspsension modifications that you can do for a softer ride, but they come at a cost, but $$ and payload. That is a whole other discussion.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Congrat's being back in a Ram, I have a 2016 2500 6.4 Hemi with 4:10 gears and is a 4x4 crew cab. I get 15 around town and 17 open road at 65/70 mph, she rides rough but handles my 10,000 plus travel trailer very well compared to my 2014 Ram 2500 4x4 extended cab. I have 26,000 miles on her and have changed nothing on her. I think you change to a softer ride your going to have to spend a lot on money into the suspension if you don't want to loose the hauling weight you have now. just my thoughts. good luck with a nice truck. Carol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts