DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings - for my one and only American car - 2 days out from the dealership - the infotainment center seems to get lost/hung about 2 out of 3 times getting in and starting the truck. Screen basically sits at XM radio loading with the little red dots. if I go to the XM radio page, it's blank. Go to NAV, it's working, but no traffic, weather or travel info. Phone is paired, but cannot take or make calls. Cannot get on any radio FM or AM - pretty much a boat anchor. This pretty much makes the truck worthless and a safety hazard, if I take an important phone call, which can be answered, but in order to talk, I have to switch off the truck and back to the phone. I've googled this issue - appears to be an ongoing and long known problem for Dodge.... typically after a few years of unreliable systems - one would think Dodge would obtain a new vendor. BUT... all that aside and aside from the normal - take it to the dealer - have there been any improvements in what to do to get this resolved permanently? I have two articles that describe how to get the radio to reset. One was as simple as disconnecting the battery, the other included pressing buttons for certain periods of times, wrapping aluminum foil around your head and jumping up and down on one leg while patting your belly... I'm going to opt for the battery trick. - If any ASE tech or anyone for that matter knows the status of this issue and what could/should be done, I'm all ears. Thanks so much!

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Greetings - for my one and only American car - 2 days out from the dealership - the infotainment center seems to get lost/hung about 2 out of 3 times getting in and starting the truck. Screen basically sits at XM radio loading with the little red dots. if I go to the XM radio page, it's blank. Go to NAV, it's working, but no traffic, weather or travel info. Phone is paired, but cannot take or make calls. Cannot get on any radio FM or AM - pretty much a boat anchor. This pretty much makes the truck worthless and a safety hazard, if I take an important phone call, which can be answered, but in order to talk, I have to switch off the truck and back to the phone. I've googled this issue - appears to be an ongoing and long known problem for Dodge.... typically after a few years of unreliable systems - one would think Dodge would obtain a new vendor. BUT... all that aside and aside from the normal - take it to the dealer - have there been any improvements in what to do to get this resolved permanently? I have two articles that describe how to get the radio to reset. One was as simple as disconnecting the battery, the other included pressing buttons for certain periods of times, wrapping aluminum foil around your head and jumping up and down on one leg while patting your belly... I'm going to opt for the battery trick. - If any ASE tech or anyone for that matter knows the status of this issue and what could/should be done, I'm all ears. Thanks so much!
I'm very sorry to hear this. Have you had a case open for this concern? If not, I would be happy to help! Please send us a private message.

Alison
RamCares

1 - 2 of 2 Posts