DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Truck has been having the torque converter noise for a few weeks. Now the alternator is not charging. Brought it in this morning and they gave me a charger to drive. Hope this does not take weeks. Anybody have a timeline for me. I know some of you had the torque converter changed out. Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
3 hrs sounds great!!!! They told me it would be a couple of days for the transmission guy to check out. I did have an appointment for today. When I called last week I told the service guy what it was doing and right away he said " aw it is the torque converter" wow think they are having issues? Lol

·
Registered
355 Posts
Goerend brothers does a very good job for an excellent value, however I believe they are based out of Louisiana. They shipped everything to a tranny shop here (TC and TB) in Birmingham and honored the warranty.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Had my torque converter replaced 2 weeks ago. Dealer took 3 days, they had to order it from another dealer. (problem not fixed, need a new drive shaft, going back to the dealer this week).

·
Premium Member
32,794 Posts
I really don't think the drive shaft has anything to do with the fix
They replaced mine & i let them, after all, there is no cost to me

Dodge sent me a message that was put on my Dealers Invoice, telling about what some dealers are doing & they themselves don't know if it is actually a cure

1 - 7 of 7 Posts