DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to replace one of the exhaust manifolds and when I was under the hood I broke the sensor off that goes into the master cylinder, some small pieces of the plastic broke off so I cannot tell if it had tabs to clip it in or is it a piece of the master cylinder? did I ruin the master? or is the rest of the clip inside and just needs to be removed and replace the sensor, any info would be appreciated, I'm no mechanic but have to do what I can, thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had to replace one of the exhaust manifolds and when I was under the hood I broke the sensor off that goes into the master cylinder, some small pieces of the plastic broke off so I cannot tell if it had tabs to clip it in or is it a piece of the master cylinder? did I ruin the master? or is the rest of the clip inside and just needs to be removed and replace the sensor, any info would be appreciated, I'm no mechanic but have to do what I can, thanks
2013 2500 5.7
Did you have to remove the Wheel well liners to do the work?
yes to do the exhaust manifold

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
can anyone tell me if that sensor can be replaced or do I have to replace the reservoir?

·
Registered
427 Posts
Best I could look up the other nite, you will have to replace the reservoir (plastic part) Which means you'll end up bleeding brakes also. I think it is only a "low level" light so you should be safe to drive a bit.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thank you for taking the time to look up my problem and answer my question, I will grab a reservoir today, thanks again and have a great day and stay healthy...

·
Registered
427 Posts
So is that what it is? Giving you a "brake" warning light in dash. I think when I looked they were around 30 bucks for the reservoir on rock auto.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
my brake light and what I believe is the traction control light ( yellow swirling light?), neither was on before I broke the sensor off, I was gonna run up to the dodge dealer but I will order from rock auto if they carry decent products, have you used their parts? thanks.

·
Registered
427 Posts
RA has a cardone (good quality imop) replacement for under 20 + ship. #1r3316 for a 13 1500 ram if thats what we're talkin here.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
got it thank you, its going to be the bottom one that matches mine, the more expensive one of course, but cheaper than the dealer, thanks for your help gonna order it this morning...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts