DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else have their browsers crash randomly? It happens in both IE10 and Chrome. In Chrome it seems to happen only when hitting the back button and says Flash has stopped working. I can click on the top navigation button to get out and it has only closed Chrome once.

In IE it completely crashes the browser and it shuts down every time.

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
Nothing here either.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Nope, using chrome. and use the back-up button about 100 times every 30 min doin MRM stuff and no issues here :)

·
Registered
300 Posts
Try using the Compatibility Mode to view it in and see if it happens there too.

·
Registered
480 Posts
happens to me all the time -- IE10 -- pain in the azz -- pisses me off -- runs slow too -- all my other forums work fine -- never had an issue .

·
Premium Member
32,659 Posts
early last week, Mozilla Firefox was crashing & i have cable & i am a supporting member
I had to use IE

Most of the good browsers are no longer fully supporting Google
they are recommending a switch to BING & it sucks
I used BING & typed in pickup truck forums

you guessed it, our forumz did not come up

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
happens to me all the time -- IE10 -- pain in the azz -- pisses me off -- runs slow too -- all my other forums work fine -- never had an issue .
Become a Site Supporting Member and it'll instantly fix the 'slow' issue you're experiencing.

World of difference.

:smileup:

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
Browser crashing....Heck Yah!!!
But it only happens when the computer is running.

:doh:

Don't get me started. I decided on Friday night to completely re-install "EVERYTHING" in my main computer. Part of this great plan included the upgrade to Windows 8 Pro.

The 2-4 hour process has taken the best part of 4 days and I still have all the issues and have added additional incompatibilities. The big difference is I have more difficulty in finding the solutions through this enhanced GUI designed for something that I may never be able to understand. I do know it is NOT designed to be productive for anything outside of the internet social network realm.

I find the least number of issues with Firefox/Opera. Chrome is in second place followed by Safari. IE is programmed to operate in a constant state of random operation only pretending to deliver your desires for 10-15% of the time to ensure you continue to invest the maximum amount of your live believing that it will someday get better.

I do not know the technical reason, but I do know this forum is optimized for Firefox. I am also aware that a Firefox optimized environment is challenging for IE, but the other not so well funded browsers see to fair better. :4-dontknow:

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This is the error that happens when I hit the back button sometimes:

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
There is quite a few write ups on IE10 crashing. Mine has been doing this for a while as well and I googled the issue and found it is quite common.Apparently if you have a 64 bit win 7 you should use the 32 bit IE10. or back out of 10 to 8 or 9. I removed 10 from mine which had been done on anauto update and it has gone back to 8 and has been fine since.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
There is quite a few write ups on IE10 crashing. Mine has been doing this for a while as well and I googled the issue and found it is quite common.Apparently if you have a 64 bit win 7 you should use the 32 bit IE10. or back out of 10 to 8 or 9. I removed 10 from mine which had been done on anauto update and it has gone back to 8 and has been fine since.
That screen capture is of Chrome crashing, not IE.

·
Administrator
53,365 Posts
I use Firefox on my home computer and Opera on my cell with no problems at all.

- Cajun

1 - 15 of 15 Posts