DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have come across several articles on the Internet related to building a catch can out of an air compressor water/air filter. Has anyone done one of these on a 4th Gen Hemi? It seems you can pick up everything you need for around $30

Here is a link to someone that built one out of a Husky air compressor filter from Home Depot:

http://www.lxforums.com/board/f63/budget-catch-can-200730/

·
Registered
75 Posts
you can pick one up on ebay really cheap. i even have one on my sled

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
I saw someone on another forum make one from a stainless steel water canteen, they just tapped the screw off lid with nipples for the hoses to connect it. think he said he spent $30

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I saw someone on another forum make one from a stainless steel water canteen, they just tapped the screw off lid with nipples for the hoses to connect it. think he said he spent $30
That seems like it would be sort of big, but then again when you say canteen I am picturing one of the army surplus water canteens. I have also seen where some people have made them out of pvc sewer pipe. PVC would worry me on if it would be able to hold up to the test of time (heat from the engine and cold of winter).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts