DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, good news first!

Got my KVT-516 single din dash in, looks pretty sweet and adds a little spice to my system!

Looks Great

Bad News (if you haven't seen it already) ):
I had an iphone holder on the top of my dash, it was on by 3M Adhesive Tape, i tried to use 3M Adhesive Tape Removal, and.... the paint peeled off... go figure

SO! I get to paint match it now! thats the good news, soon to be updated!

Attachments

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
BTW, i hate how my iphone pics are straight up when saved on my computer, but when uploaded are sideways C:

·
Registered
104 Posts
I've got the older version of that head unit, KVT-514, and love it. Good choice. I choose Kenwood since it was one of the easier ones to bypass the no videos while driving. And at the time was one of the more reasonable head units that when paired with an ipod showed the cover art on the screen. I like being able to control everything from the screen with my ipod in the glovebox and it displaying the cover art while the music plays. I was just picky like that.

Victor

It may be worth checking on Kenwood's website to see if there are any firmware updates for it. Mines had a few over the past couple years.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
good to know, ever since i updated my iphone to ios5 i haven't been able to watch vids because ios5 separated music and vids so it doesn't root them to the same position.

·
Registered
104 Posts
That's good to know. I haven't noticed because my iPod touch that is in my truck is just a 2nd gen 32gb and topped out at 4.0 I think, it has a broken screen so is perfect to just leave in the car and my newer one and iPad never get connected to it. I may have to check it out though and see if there's a way. Thanks for the info.

Victor

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know this is off topic but i repair those screens, its a thing i do on the side for some extra income usually go through 2 or so a week, where are you located?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts