DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

My 2014 ram 1500 5.7 4x4 has a 6 year old Rough Country 4inch lift. The front has the 4" spacers with stock struts and the rear as 2.5" spacers on stock coils. The truck rides like garbage.. like... really bad. It's a budget lift, so now I'm looking to start upgrading it piece by piece as the wallet allows!

The rear end seems to be the most skiddish. It skips over bumps and feels out of touch with the ground, if that makes sense. It also has some driveshaft vibration around 65mph/110kmh. The front just feels like theres no suspension at all lol.

Rear end plans:
Remove 2.5 coil spacers and put in 2" spacers(hopefully this helps with driveline vibration). Throw out the old RC shocks and put in Icon 2.0's (1-3" lift)(ordered and on their way!). I don't believe I require a panhard bar drop bracket for 2", but I'm open to having my mind changed here. Thoughts?

Front end:
Replace 4" spacers with 2" spacers, replace OEM struts with Fox 2.0's to keep the 4" front lift. Upgrade UCA's to Mevotech's.

Tire pressure: Run fronts at 40 and rears somewhere between 35-40.

Open to all the suggestions possible! I love the 4" lift height and don't want to go lower, just do what I can to improve the ride at the existing height.

·
Registered
6,858 Posts
If it were my truck I would sock away the money until I could afford to do the whole thing at once so I would have matching components of the same age working together. It may take longer that way, but I personally feel that’s the best way then piecing it together slowly over time.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts