DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
while coming home after a long, long night:beerchug:,<this coulda been a disaster!> my buddy told me whole back of truck was dark no running lights or license plate light, all bulbs work brake turn and reverse , i dont see any fuses causing issue , im stumped where do i start looking for problem in wiring? need to fix asap!!!

G

·
Your tail light / parking light circuit fuse may be bad. Replace it. Then, if that doesn't work, check to see if you have power out of the switch to the circuit. If you do, then you have a short somewhere between the switch and the lights.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
"power out of the switch to the circuit?" where is the switch located? sorry for dumb ques,but i never messed with the electrical system

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
everything else works fine headlights turn on and dash lights up when switch is turned on, except the running lights , all 3 bulbs are good turns work brakes work and reverse, the license plate is out also

G

·
Yup...that means there's a problem with the parking light circuit. If your fuse is OK, then it's time to check current through the wiring circuit.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
WONDERFUL! how do we do that ?

G

·
Well, if ya gotta ask, then you need someone who knows how. It would take a LONG time to train you how to test electrical circuits here on the forum. You need some basic electrical knowledge, a wiring diagram with voltage values, a multi-meter and some experience with testing procedures.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
WONDERFUL!:smileup: thanks man

1 - 9 of 9 Posts