DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so i just ordered a 5 inch lift for my ram and i wanted to also do a few other add-ons, one that im very particular about is a bull bar. the problems that my ram is a "sport" model and every time i find one i want it has that little message " does not fit 00-02 sport models". now i know it says it wont fit because of the front bumper and it doesn't bother me to notch out what space is needed, i just wanted to make sure the all of the mounting points are the same anyone with insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

G

·
If you can, get the installation instructions off the website to check the bracket mounting locations behind the bumper. The frame rails are all the same, of course, but most bull bars bolt into the bumper bracket holes and if they are different on a Sport vs. a, say, SLT, then you'd have to drill some new holes on the bullbar bracket or at the frame end to mount the bracket but that would be the extent of it.

I am pretty sure you can make it work.

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
I am sure you can get it to fit with some modification. I have to agree with what Maddog said

1 - 4 of 4 Posts