DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed a bull bar on their ram with parking sensors (and the sensors still work)? Thank you

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
Hello,

I didn't see any disclaimers indicting that the Bull Bar could not be installed due to parking sensors. Some of our reviews are also users with 2014's. I have contact a couple manufacture to be 100% positive. I will let you know when I receive a reply.

Thanks!!
Tom
AutoAnything

·
Registered
690 Posts
Me too.
I want one but I have the same situation.
Why havent the bull bar makers put holes in the bar in line and make wire extentions and a set of plugs so you can move your sensor from the bumper to the bull bar and have the wires run down the tubes and come out the bottom then fasten to the original wires conectors and use dummy plugs to fill the two holes in the bumper.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That would be awesome! Looking forward to your feedback, Tom.
earlzach, I was thinking the same thing!

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
I just spoke with Westin. They informed me that anything mounted to the front of a vehicle with parking sensors will trigger them to go off. Some manufactures instruct that you disable the front sensors before installing the bull bar.

End result ...
Bull Bar + Parking Sensor = No Can Do
Bull Bar + Disable Parking Sensor = Yes
No Bull Bar + Parking Sensor = Yes

Tom
AutoAnything

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have a 2014 ram 1500 with front sensors, I installed a westin bull bar and it did pick it up. I simply shut the front sensors off cause I don't need them. But I saw a chevy pickup at one of the dealers that had the sensors extended to the bull bar. I snapped some pictures let's see of I can upload it here.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey hope all are doing well. I didnt see if there were any threads before doing, I'm a marine from 2 decades ago so we go and do get it done. I installed a bull bar on my 2014 Outdoorsman with front senors this week. It was a little bit of a bitch doing it alone. Anyway I have noticed that the tone will sound off for a few seconds and stops, the image on the dash will also show and go off after you hit 6 mph. It will also sound off while braking and then go silent. But when continuous driving it's silent as a lamb. So you have 2 choices, deal with it for a few seconds or turn it off until a better solution comes about to fix. So I'm dealing with it for now. Hope this helps

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey hope all are doing well. I didnt see if there were any threads before doing, I'm a marine from 2 decades ago so we go and do get it done. I installed a bull bar on my 2014 Outdoorsman with front senors this week. It was a little bit of a bitch doing it alone. Anyway I have noticed that the tone will sound off for a few seconds and stops, the image on the dash will also show and go off after you hit 6 mph. It will also sound off while braking and then go silent. But when continuous driving it's silent as a lamb. So you have 2 choices, deal with it for a few seconds or turn it off until a better solution comes about to fix. So I'm dealing with it for now. Hope this helps

·
Registered
1 Posts
You can also contact ranchhands.com and they will provide you with the necessary grommets and or hole plugs to fit in the holes that are in the bumper. They also sell small sensor covers that block the signal that install directly ober the sensors that are going off. I'll be relocating my sensors sometime in the near future. I'll post pics as soon as I finish.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone installed a bull bar on their ram with parking sensors (and the sensors still work)? Thank you
Hello I just installed my Bull bar , and yes the parking sensors went off, so I moved closer to my bumper and the it would only set the sensors off some of the time. So I thought to aim the sensors away from the Bull bar. While thinking of how to do this I picked up a tie wrap off the ground in front of my truck and wedged it into the sensor to help aim it away . This was just enough I have know I have both working great. FYI ......I am sure the tie wrap trick is not ASE certified but I cut mine off flush and poked it in with my pocket knife and it is not even noticeable. Any who this worked great for me good luck.

·
Premium Member
32,663 Posts
Why couldn't make the wiring longer, either by splicing or pulling the connection Pins & soldering longer wire to the 4 sensors that might be affected by the bull bar
Just leave the 2 sensors near the fog lights where they are
drilling into the bull bar should be that big of a job
Someone makes chrome plugs to fill the sensor holes that are no longer used
https://www.google.com/search?q=chrome+bumper+hole+plugs&biw=1067&bih=527&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwikvNCz8I7RAhWo0FQKHUgjDwgQsAQIVA

1 - 20 of 22 Posts