DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed 4 Bull Ring Tie Downs. I'm really happy with the look and functionality of these things. When retracted, they sit very flush which looks great with bakflip tonneau covers. you can see the rear tie down sits just slightly on top of the bak flip rail weather strip.

Couple tips for those looking to get these...

1 - you ABSOLUTELY have to cut out a larger hole for the rear stake pockets. I mistakingly put them in with the stock pocket size. they were gripping on the bed cap, not the the actual bed. just follow the etched cutout line thats already there.

2 - I used a sharp flathead screw driver to bang out the stake pockets. if you use a knife, you risk slipping leaving a mark in either the bed cap or your paint. banging slots with the screw driver and hammer worked great.

· Registered
1,948 Posts
Warning - do not ratchet anything too tight to those... You can bend the sides of your truck. I was warned never to use them to hold anything down super tight - and to only use the loops in the truck bed for that type of thing.

· Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Warning - do not ratchet anything too tight to those... You can bend the sides of your truck. I was warned never to use them to hold anything down super tight - and to only use the loops in the truck bed for that type of thing.
Good to know. I figured they shouldn't be used for anything too crazy since they're literally just gripping the sheet metal.

· Registered
1,429 Posts
Right on point there. I have the mopar hideaway hooks and I pretty much only used mine to put a bungee cord around a gas tank or to keep pipes/wood from sliding across the tailgate. Now I use the bed extender/divider.

· Registered
36 Posts
I also purchased and had the BullRing tie downs installed on my 2014 Ram 1500 today. The installer used the tools shown on the BullRing site. The install went fast and smooth. The BullRing tie downs look great, black with chrome. I was sold on the fact that they retract flush with the bed liner when not in use, but will remain up when you pull them up. And unlike the cheap ones sold at many stores, these are rated for up to 1,000# which is far more than I expect to need. I am pleased!

I also have a BakFlip cover. We did loosen the Bakflip rails to move them slightly out of the way when cutting out the bed liner holes. They tie downs look and work just fine with the BakFlip.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.