DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well first after I installed the programing into my truck I noticed the cruise stopped working above 55 mph. I spoke to two different techs, they passed it on to their programmers and the next day or two days after, there was a solution for me to try. Once I did the update (their solution to the problem) and it did not work they answered the phone once, After I informed them it didn't work the silence started. I have been trying for a month to get someone other than the secretary to answer the phone. I have left many messages for you Nick (even for the supervision... Yes Scott I mean you, I talked to your voice mail several times) and gotten anything back in a month.

The end result is that when the bully dog changed the programing in the pcm it corrupted the data stored in it!!!!

The total cost
$365.00 plus shipping (Bully Dog)
$120.00 First dealer (clueless on what was going on)
$935.00 Second dealer solved the problem by replacing pcm, includes diagnostic time to rule all other options out first.

Total for a digital read out on my dash $1405.00 plus another programmer (maybe)... Oh yea my cruise works now YEEESSS!!!!!!!!!!!

BULLY DOG YOU ROCK thanks for all the extra headache, thanks for the non responsive attitude (if I really wanted that I would have married you), and MOST OF ALL thanks for the extra money you cost me!!!!!!

Every please learn from my mistake and tell them to find some other dummy to buy there crap product and go with a reputable programmer... I wish I would have had some advise like this, I would have definitely went somewhere else!

By the way Bully dog your non responsive attitude is going to cost you as much negative publicity as I can give you.... Someone needs to educate your perspective buyer to stay clear of your bully dog ways of a business attitude!!!!!

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Sorry for your troubles. There's no going back but going forward is something you can do. Seems to me the costs you incurred are a good candidate for small claims court.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Well first after I installed the programing into my truck I noticed the cruise stopped working above 55 mph. I spoke to two different techs, they passed it on to their programmers and the next day or two days after, there was a solution for me to try. Once I did the update (their solution to the problem) and it did not work they answered the phone once, After I informed them it didn't work the silence started. I have been trying for a month to get someone other than the secretary to answer the phone. I have left many messages for you Nick (even for the supervision... Yes Scott I mean you, I talked to your voice mail several times) and gotten anything back in a month.

The end result is that when the bully dog changed the programing in the pcm it corrupted the data stored in it!!!!

The total cost
$365.00 plus shipping (Bully Dog)
$120.00 First dealer (clueless on what was going on)
$935.00 Second dealer solved the problem by replacing pcm, includes diagnostic time to rule all other options out first.

Total for a digital read out on my dash $1405.00 plus another programmer (maybe)... Oh yea my cruise works now YEEESSS!!!!!!!!!!!

BULLY DOG YOU ROCK thanks for all the extra headache, thanks for the non responsive attitude (if I really wanted that I would have married you), and MOST OF ALL thanks for the extra money you cost me!!!!!!

Every please learn from my mistake and tell them to find some other dummy to buy there crap product and go with a reputable programmer... I wish I would have had some advise like this, I would have definitely went somewhere else!

By the way Bully dog your non responsive attitude is going to cost you as much negative publicity as I can give you.... Someone needs to educate your perspective buyer to stay clear of your bully dog ways of a business attitude!!!!!

sorry to hear about all of that..i have the bully dog triple dog gt gas.....i have had no problems with it...but i wish it would let me disable mds and i have tried to contact them and get an answer also i don't think it compliments my CAI and exhaust like other tuners but i'm not sure

·
Resident Technician
14,202 Posts
This has my curiosity. I wonder if the PCM had a defect that the BD programming exposed. Did the dealers you took your truck to attempt to reflash the PCM before replacing it?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The truck's engine and transmission had been updated to current before I purchased the truck. So there was no flash available. From what I have learned the truck's airbags deployed so when they were replaced it was updated. They couldn't get any error codes to come up when driving it. They pulled the speed sensors and replaced them just to see if it would change it. Checked all the wiring to verify there were not any shorts in it. I wanted to make sure before the pcm was replaced that it was definitely that verse something hidden. The truck was reading an erratic speed reading, when stopped it still showed moving. Installed new pcm and all problems were corrected. Problem started same day I installed the gt tuner.

An update... on my issue, they forgot to inform me there was an return authorized on 3-22-11 four days after the fix didn't work. I wish I would have known, I wouldn't of tried so hard to call them every fricken day for a month. So off in the mail my over priced digital gauges go.

Something I didn't add was that after I noticed the problem I started seeing that the energy bar across the top of the screen spiked towards the positive and then to then negative for no reason, it would do this several times while driving. Never noticed it before because I had the alarms to silent. The device itself has got to be faulty.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
08 ram

I also have cai and dual exhaust with the flow master muffler, before the pcm was replaced I would get between 14 - 18 on the interstate at 68 mph, after I noticed my overhead display increasing, so I pushed the reset out of curiosity and it has stayed close to 17 (16.8). I didn't put the bully dog back in after the pcm was replaced so I don't have a good average now but I drive 25 miles to work and back and its even as far as in town stopping and going and interstate (68 mph unless I'm running late then as fast as she will run). Prior the gauge never went above 12.8 with the bully dog installed. I put it in right after I bought the truck so I don't have a comparison to before when the truck was stock. After thought is that it hurt more than it help. I noticed it had more power but the mph sucked. I can tell you I filled it up on tues I have a little more than half a tank left and the trip is reading 302 miles. At this point I would have already been running to the gas station for another 30 gallons.

·
Registered
18 Posts
08 ram

I also have cai and dual exhaust with the flow master muffler, before the pcm was replaced I would get between 14 - 18 on the interstate at 68 mph, after I noticed my overhead display increasing, so I pushed the reset out of curiosity and it has stayed close to 17 (16.8). I didn't put the bully dog back in after the pcm was replaced so I don't have a good average now but I drive 25 miles to work and back and its even as far as in town stopping and going and interstate (68 mph unless I'm running late then as fast as she will run). Prior the gauge never went above 12.8 with the bully dog installed. I put it in right after I bought the truck so I don't have a comparison to before when the truck was stock. After thought is that it hurt more than it help. I noticed it had more power but the mph sucked. I can tell you I filled it up on tues I have a little more than half a tank left and the trip is reading 302 miles. At this point I would have already been running to the gas station for another 30 gallons.

i know your gallon is smaller than ours so your 18mpg would prob equal 22 for me.....but when i bought my truck i was getting 23mpg in canada which is good for a big heavy truck...i have put a level kit, airraid cai, just replaced my muffler with a flo-pro, an the bully dog...i also bought new tires i got them at a 1/4 of the price so it was a deal i couldn't beat but they are 1 inch taller than the stock 20's and i think that its killing my mileage but i don't know for sure since i did everythin all around the same time i was gettin 650kms or 406 miles per tank roughly when i first bought...now i get to 400kms or 250 miles i lost alot i hope its just the tires

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i know your gallon is smaller than ours so your 18mpg would prob equal 22 for me.....but when i bought my truck i was getting 23mpg in canada which is good for a big heavy truck...i have put a level kit, airraid cai, just replaced my muffler with a flo-pro, an the bully dog...i also bought new tires i got them at a 1/4 of the price so it was a deal i couldn't beat but they are 1 inch taller than the stock 20's and i think that its killing my mileage but i don't know for sure since i did everythin all around the same time i was gettin 650kms or 406 miles per tank roughly when i first bought...now i get to 400kms or 250 miles i lost alot i hope its just the tires
Mine is a quad cab with an 8' box. I lost mileage when I installed heavy duty springs and leveled the front with the rear which raised the truck 2 1/2". I lost about a mile per gallon. I normally got 250 miles per tank so I started doing the upgrades shortly after and got a few miles more but not many. It wasn't till I replaced the pcm this week that I really noticed a difference. So I really think that the bully dog was decreasing it instead of increasing it like it was suppose to

·
Registered
18 Posts
Mine is a quad cab with an 8' box. I lost mileage when I installed heavy duty springs and leveled the front with the rear which raised the truck 2 1/2". I lost about a mile per gallon. I normally got 250 miles per tank so I started doing the upgrades shortly after and got a few miles more but not many. It wasn't till I replaced the pcm this week that I really noticed a difference. So I really think that the bully dog was decreasing it instead of increasing it like it was suppose to

i read something about having a CAI hurting you in the colder months because of too much cold air....i guess i will find out if my mileage climbs back up a bit

·
Registered
9 Posts
This is certainly no surprise to me as I remember what their little programers did to the 6.7's when they first came out. They refused to answer their phones for all those poor guys as well. I wouldn't trust a BD tune in my toaster. I'm very sorry for your troubles and the expense these guys cost you. I have stayed away from them for years and will continue to do so. Thanks, in reading some of these threads I thought they may have cleaned up their act. It appears they haven't.

·
Banned
265 Posts
Hit or miss performance and non-existent customer support are what Bully Dog (or is that Bully Customer?) are known for. Problems like this in the past were part of the reason my shop stopped carrying their products.

Buyer beware.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts