DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Banned
12,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a word, WOW! Definitely an improvement. Couldn't be easier to install, one power wire from the fuse box to the OBD II adapter, one wire from the OBD II adapter to the tuner, and Go! The unit installs itself very easily, and allows you to set or modify many different functions. Without a doubt one of the easiest power adders I have done!

There is definitely more acceleration on the bottom end. The pedal is much more responsive, will chirp the tires without even thinking about it now. It pulls like crazy from a stop, everything in the dash pockets slid out and fell on the floor when I stomped it!

The driving coach is a really nice and useful tool as well. You can monitor gallons used, instant mpg and average mpg, and it will even offer a rating according to your goal MPG. My goal is 18mpg, currently getting a C+ rating (averaged 14 on the way to work this morning).

Everyone needs to consider this for their Rams.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Ahhhh, good to here, I have been awaiting these findings.

·
Banned
12,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh man I definitely recommend it. I'll take pictures tonight and post them up so everyone can see how easy it is.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
You they let you keep it??

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Kind of a tease if they dont let you keep it

·
Banned
12,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good question, I will see what can be found out for you.

Here are some pictures as promised:

Mounted in the corner of the dash:

HDMI cord ran behind this panel, pops off easy enough with a flat screwdriver:

Turned on and ready to go:

Oooh and night mode when the headlights come on (you can choose from several different colors, I went with green to try and match the dash):

·
Banned
12,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Forgot to mention it has different screens for viewing. You can view RPM's, coolant temperature, load %, even what gear the transmission is in! Tried a quick test this morning, hit an overpass here near work in 4th gear at 40mph, the Ram climbed right up that hill, RPM's went up about 200 and she was accelerating! Got me a hoss now!

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
How much did the whole chip system end up costing?
That particular one he is beta testing for Bully Dog, so its not on the market yet, but the ones for the Hemi are 469.00 retail, and you can find them a bit cheaper on Ebay. I would imagine the 4.7 unit will be around the same price

·
Registered
327 Posts
That particular one he is beta testing for Bully Dog, so its not on the market yet, but the ones for the Hemi are 469.00 retail, and you can find them a bit cheaper on Ebay. I would imagine the 4.7 unit will be around the same price
Sounds like the penny jar needs to come back out so I can start saving. What's the model number on this particular one, or have they not put one on yet as it's still a beta? I'd be willing to spend the dough if your gas mileage is improving. :smiley_thumbs_up: How's that going anyway?

·
Banned
12,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have ZERO complaints. Mileage has improved 1mpg and almost 2mpg if you can resist the temptation. This is with the stock muffler and intake. Curious to see if it will go up even more after changing those.

·
Registered
134 Posts
You can get the one for the Hemi for $325 from a vendor on this site. Mine arrived yesterday:smileup: they also sell the diesel one for $500

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=44795
http://www.fantasyoffroadracing.com/store/index.php

·
Registered
134 Posts
How are you liking it? I am sold on the tuners from now on!!!
I've only had it one day now but I am also sold. I used it to change my tire size to reset my speedo now that I am running 34", reprogramed my foglights so they can be on with my high beams and grill lights and I am running the econo tune. It feels like I regained the power lost when I went from 31" to 34" tires. I like having the electronic gauges on the dash along with the mpg readouts, Now to see if I can get the driving coach to give me better than a D........lol

1 - 20 of 82 Posts