DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody ever use the BullyDog Triple Dog GT tuner?? Wondering if it's a good tuner. A buddy says its great for his Chevy diesel. Any thoughts or experience would be great. Or if y'all know of any other real time display tuner/monitor.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I use the Triple Dog GT in my 09 4.7 and noticed a little over 1 mpg gain for city. There was a decent gain in hp and tq (I don't have exact numbers) but it gives you much better low end throttle response. Plus, it only takes 10 min or less to install.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I use the Triple Dog GT in my 09 4.7 and noticed a little over 1 mpg gain for city. There was a decent gain in hp and tq (I don't have exact numbers) but it gives you much better low end throttle response. Plus, it only takes 10 min or less to install.
Are you happy with it? How's the switching on the fly between the octane tune and the tow tune?

·
Registered
507 Posts
There's also a diablo trinity T-1000 worked wonderful for my ram. I loved the 100's of real time gauges to choose from also all the other abilities of it

·
Registered
13 Posts
Are you happy with it? How's the switching on the fly between the octane tune and the tow tune?
There really isn't any "switching on the fly". If you want to switch between the tunes it takes between 5 and 10 minutes for the tuner to load and apply the new tuning to your vehicle. That doesn't really bother me as I leave it on the 93 tune always. It really depends on what you want to do with your truck and how much money you want to spend. For a pre-loaded tuner, the triple dog gt is the best out there for our vehicles in my opinion and yes, I am very happy with it. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There really isn't any "switching on the fly". If you want to switch between the tunes it takes between 5 and 10 minutes for the tuner to load and apply the new tuning to your vehicle. That doesn't really bother me as I leave it on the 93 tune always. It really depends on what you want to do with your truck and how much money you want to spend. For a pre-loaded tuner, the triple dog gt is the best out there for our vehicles in my opinion and yes, I am very happy with it. Hope this helps.
Thanks it really helps. Thanks for all the help.

·
Registered
13,697 Posts
I think superchips makes the vivid now as well, I think that has all the gauges like the bully dog and the trinity.

Anyone have hp and torque numbers for the bully dog?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've been running the BullyDog GT tuner for nearly a year now and love it. The extra power is great and the added throttle response is fantastic. I just had my truck lifted and went with 35" tires and with the tuner I was able to recalibrate my truck for the larger tires. The shop said it would be $60 if I had them do the recal. MPG's were increased from 16mpg to 17mpg until I lifted it and now I'm at around 10.5. Great tuner in my opinion and I have one ordered for my wifes new truck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts