DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my bumpers back today and installed. I have the ST model so they were the grey bumpers, and already starting to rust from the paint chips. The guy at LINE-X had a new material that they were learning with and said he could shoot the bumpers. It's a very high gloss black, but of course with all LINE-X products has the tell-tale orange peel effect. I love the look and let's hope the material is as durable as they say. Next is the wheels in few weeks.
About $150 less than it would have cost me to get them painted standard black at a shop.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
nice, that looks awesome!

... so dont know if i read it right but are you going to do this to the wheels? i would imagine the heat created would have some ill effects with it? just food for thought

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

... so dont know if i read it right but are you going to do this to the wheels? i would imagine the heat created would have some ill effects with it? just food for thought
No, I can see how it reads that way. I"m going to upgrade wheels and tires as soon as I finish off the tires on there in about 5K miles(about two months for me:). Have a set of headlights on the way as well that are all blacked out and I"m going to try the Projector install on them.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts

Line-X is cool to the touch within seconds of hitting the surface. I can't imagine the heat being a problem on wheels.

What I can see being a problem is balance. It's really easy to lay Line-X on thick enough to throw the wheel out of balance so I would recommend balancing the wheels afterwards.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
my bad! how much did the bumpers end up running you? im considering doing line-x on mine
It should run you around $150 or even less if you take off the bumpers strip the plastic and take them over like that. Cost was $60 for material used and then the labor is final cost depending how much you do yourself.
THe material that you are looking at on my bumpers isn't the normal LINE-X bed lining material that is soft and flexible. It's a hard material like a two part epoxy that they put on. Only comes currently at my shop in gloss black. I will post if I have any durability issues out of it. It took a few coats of wax very well last night.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not bad. I'm going to have to check my line-x shop and see if they do it
Yes I recommend it for your truck, it will make a huge difference in appearance. I"m not sure they will do Chrome bumpers with it, so call them fore sure. YOu may have to find a cheap grey bumper to spray. SHould be plenty of them on ebay.LOL

·
Registered
135 Posts
It looks good!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts