DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rhino Lined my bumpers and grill last night what does everyone think? I did the rear one also just dont have a pic for it...

BEFORE

AFTER

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea this was just a weekend project with some spare stuff i had sittin around... anyone got a suggestion on a decent affordable winch and mount?

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
What prep work did you do for the grille? Looks great!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i pulled the grill scuffed it up a bit then i hit it with 2 coats of sandable primer (black) let it dry overnight then i did about 5 coats of bedliner let it drive overnight and put it back together... i did the same for the bumpers as well

·
Registered
156 Posts
Would probably look better if it was the actual textured rhino lining bed liner. Honestly it looks like you now have the cheap model that came with flat black grill and bumper. Painting it gloss black to match the truck would have been a better idea if you didnt like the chrome

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
What grit paper?? And the chrome stayed on, it didn't come off??

·
Premium Member
32,782 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Would probably look better if it was the actual textured rhino lining bed liner. Honestly it looks like you now have the cheap model that came with flat black grill and bumper. Painting it gloss black to match the truck would have been a better idea if you didnt like the chrome
Well my friend... it is in fact textured i chose a light texture so that it was easier to clean and to blend later when i need to touch it up. unfortunately my camera does not do the texture any justice. I can understand however how someone could make the mistake of thinking i just painted it flat black. I used 60 grit which in hindsight may have been a little much i had to lay on some pretty thick coats of primer to make it smooth again lol

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
that seems the easiest way to mount the winch but i would like to have the hitch hidden behind the bumper so i still have that relatively stock look most of the time... do you think i could weld up a mount that would bolt or even weld to the frame? or do they make a set up like im talking about

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Well as long as your happy then your good! :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts