DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay dudes, i have a 03 dodge ram 1500, with a 5.9 gas engine in it. Its 4 door, 4 wheel drive, chipped, dual intake, shift kit, but i can not do a burnout for the life of me. i can barely get it to spin tire around a turn unless its wet out, whats going on?? I try to power brake it and it acts like it doesn't have the balls, Its like something is holding it back... Any ideas?? Its Tires are factory so im not trying to spin super swampers or anything it just cant spin them worth crap. Im also getting beat in races by same trucks only with smaller engines like the 5.2 or whatever they put in them.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But i have an aftermarket dual exhaust on it, but your right i still have one factory c.a.t. on it so ill have to check that.. Thanks!

·
Banned
12,929 Posts
Might try cleaning the throttle body and intake also. Sounds like some of the sensors have buildup around them.

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
Sounds like time for a hemi or CTD upgrade. But seriously, the cat converter can kill you if it gets plugged.

·
Registered
156 Posts
if your able to get to the cat without taking them trying taking the guts out them lol seen many times.... by stick a long piece of pipe that would fit into the cats and just penetrate them and try knocking everything out it will damage them but if this your problem you could try this by saving money instead of spending over a grand on new cats

1 - 9 of 9 Posts