DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after seeing how many rock dings were in the paint and wanting to hide the back yard fix job of the rust on my rear quarters it was time to get some flares. Got them yesterday but it was pretty shitty out so I got them on today! My new rims were in Vancouver yesterday and should be here beginning of next week, they are offset so they should help fill the flares in a bit but I think they look pretty decent right now, other than the fact that the fit and finish isnt all that great. There is a 3/16 (give or take) gap between the rubber on the flare and the fender itself and no way to adjust it tighter, this is on the rear edge of the rear fenders and the flare starts to curve down, both sides..... but you cant see it unless you are looking for it, good thing for black truck I guess

My gf drove it to the grocery store about an hour ago and text me on route saying to buy a new truck because she wants this one now that it sounds good with the exhaust and is starting to look better, even though it looked good before:smileup:

·
Registered
896 Posts
Looking good man. Mine go on tomorrow if it isn't raining again lol

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys! wasnt too sure when I ordered them, I love the look of a truck with offset wheels and no flares, but I know my paint will hate me and I will hate all the rock chips in the paint, and it covers up the different shade of black that I used when I cleaned up the rust so its a win win -550 bucks lol I think the wheels I ordered will set it off

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I also need to find a spot to relocate the HEMI badge, I was thinking either just under the RAM on the drivers door, and the 00 on the passengers. or where the hemi badge is on the 06-up but I dont think it would look right there

·
Registered
555 Posts
Had them on my 3rd gen, didn't have any gaps on mine. Try getting a helping hand to really push them into the fenders as you tighten them up

·
Registered
146 Posts
I had the same problem when I first installed them, they would even vibrate on the front fenders when I was on the highway. 3 months later, they are mostly touching the fenders everywhere. I'm really pleased with the final result.

·
Premium Member
6,931 Posts
Those flares ar fargin sweet.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks guys, loosened the all the bolts and screws holding it on, had my gf push fairly hard on them and they fit alot better, figured thats all it would take, deffinetly a 2 person install required.

·
Administrator
2017 Ram Rebel 5.7L Flame Red
42,016 Posts
Those look great can't wait to see them with your new wheels! So this gf is a keeper if you told you to get a new truck and she would have this one. Only problem I am sure it was you GIVE me this one and buy another one.:LOL:

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Those look great can't wait to see them with your new wheels! So this gf is a keeper if you told you to get a new truck and she would have this one. Only problem I am sure it was you GIVE me this one and buy another one.:LOL:
thanks Shawn! not sure if you saw my last post on my wheels dilema but I am getting the ones I actually wanted in the proper width and offset, the will only stick out just under 3/4 of an inch more so they should look wicked width the flares! This gf is deffinetly a keeper lol but she wont be getting it lol I figure I will be driving it for about a year maybe a little longer before I can feel comfortable stepping into a new ram but as of right now I am very happy with where it is

1 - 11 of 11 Posts