DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
today i plasti dipped my wheels, painted brake calipiers, and did 2 strips on the hood. I think everything turned out pretty good. Let me know what you think and im starting to run out of ideas if you have any that would look good on my truck let me know!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dang man i like how that looks especially the ram logo on your grille
Thanks man I really enjoy doing all the DIY work on all my cars.

·
Registered
13,697 Posts
Looks good!

As for ideas, everyone has different taste, but here's a list of common mods:

debadge
color matched grill
color matched bumpers
b pillar tape removal
color matched handles

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
If you like the badges on the truck then you could black them all out since that seems to be the theme your going for.
Truck is looking good keep it up

·
Registered
236 Posts
it looks very nice.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm liking the look of your hood. How do you like those tires?
So far i love them. They ride really smooth and dont have that annoying whine sound on the road that a lot of mud tires have. I have not done any off roading yet, but im sure they will rip through anything, ask my drive way..lol.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
i like the stripe on the hood...nice touch

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i like the stripe on the hood...nice touch
Thanks I stumbled on the idea while searching google. I found the sticker kit and it was like $110, but the plasti dip is awesome for this application

·
Registered
36 Posts
truck looks nice! what about color matching the honeycomb grille? or would that be too much red? i was thinking about doing it,but my truck is a grey sport so it wouldnt stand out that much.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
truck looks nice! what about color matching the honeycomb grille? or would that be too much red? i was thinking about doing it,but my truck is a grey sport so it wouldnt stand out that much.
I actually want to color match the whole grill, bumpers, and handles. Im not much of a chrome guy but i havent done much researching on how or where i could get the stuff to color match those items.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Whats that plasti dip. I never head of it
Plasti Dip is a multi-purpose rubber coating. I just the 11 oz spray cans. You use it just like spray paint,but the nice thing about plasti dip is if you mess up or just get tired of that look all you got to do is peel it off. Just make sure you put good even coats on and it comes off no problem. I have used on my wheels, hood, and badges and love it so far with no problems. The only store that sells it around me is ACE hardware for like $7.50 a can, but i also use www.dipyourcar.com you should check this website out. There is alot of videos and pics about plastidip. Hopefully this helps you understand what it is a little better. If you got any other questions just send me a message.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Very nice work man! I am plasti dipping my wheels this weekend if weather permits.
Yea go for it!! Im doing my wifes 09 Charger saturday. Im doing her's black and the brakes red. Send me a message if you get them done I would like to see some pics.

·
Registered
59 Posts
plasti dip the grill red....they sell red plasti dip. I think that would look awesome. If not primer it with black plasti dip and then paint the grill with your color and put some clear coat on it.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts