DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All - Question/ Request for input here.

I am considering a 2014 2500 6.7L Limited Megacab with 94K miles on it. I've walked and drove the truck multiple times and it is really clean, in good cosmetic condition. After reviewing the records on it - it came out of KY (I am in NY) and it didn't hit 53K miles until 2020 - the remainder was put on in the past 18months or so. I rolled underneath it and found what you see in the pictures.

How much of an issue is this? Is it (in your collective opinions) a reason to pass on buying it? Normal? Sign of significant damage?

Thank you in advance.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive lighting Rim
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exterior Automotive wheel system Gas

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
The braided line from pic looks to be fraying. I would not know why unless it rubbed on something. It could be just the way the oil is on it. The leaks to me do not look to be severe, but leaks dont usually stop or get better. My experience is diesels will have oil leaks, even new ones. What do those lines go to? Looks like maybe oil filter or a cooler? The center of the engine would lead one to think a rear main, but could be a collection point from another leak. I would have to remove the small cover there on bottom of transmission.
So after looking at thsi a few minutes, it dawns on me, the lines go to the transmission. That fluid is red. The oil drops are black indication oil. So that would be a leak located more forward and probably blowing back and collecting there.Look forward and maybe up until you cant see wet, and your leak should be right there.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts