DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Diesel 2001 maroon and silver Dodge Laramie SLT Ram quad cab truck for sale. This is a great truck for towing your fifth wheel as it is already equipped with the rails and the electric towing brakes! We have spent $6,000 on getting it updated in the last year. We replaced the air conditioner(evaporator) -- very cold now, put in new rear brakes, new mirror on driver's side, new batteries 4/12, new in dash AM/FM/CD player, and the biggie- new fuel injectors and pump. It has Nerf bars for an easy step up into the truck from the rear and front doors. The only flaw is a dent in the tail gate from a rookie attempt to hook up a fifth wheel and didn't follow instructions! It does not affect the function of the tail gate. Quad cab seats 6! 70 percent tread. Equipment:
• Driver Air Bag
• Passenger Air Bag
• Passenger Air Bag on/off Switch
• AM/FM/CD Stereo
• ABS
• Cruise Control
• Third and fourth Passenger Door
• Rear Wheel Drive
• 5.7 L Heavy Duty 24 Valve Cummins Diesel
• Turbocharged
• Diesel Fuel
•New batteries
•Power Steering
• Tires - Front All-Season
• Tires - Rear All-Season
• Conventional Spare Tire
• Variable Speed Intermittent Wipers
• Auxiliary Power Outlet
• Steel Wheels
•Nerf Bars/running boards
•Towing Hitch
•Electric Brakes for towing RV
• Electric wiring for towing conventional and fifth wheel trailers
•5th Wheel rails
•Electric and Remote Locks
•Electric windows and mirrors
•Tachometer
•Rugged Bedliner
•Fog Lamps
•133,000 miles
$8,000

Attachments

·
Registered
869 Posts
My friend just sold an 01 with 500,000 Km on the odo. The only things he changed were the track bar, couple of tie rods, and rebuilt the trans once. The ball joints still passed inspection. He said it could have used the steering column fix though there was a bit of play in it.
The truck was used as a truck. Cattle farmer, it also dragged around a 36ft enclosed cargo trailer with a puller in it for the past 5 summers. The one thing I found real annoying is how loud it was, the engine itself. He even commented after he bought his new one how quiet the new one is.

These trucks are as tough as they come.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
First off, where are you located at? Do you have palm trees in your area?because the photo does. The only reason I ask is to steer you away from scams on Craigslist. I've seen vehicles for sale, just a little too cheap, and they are obvious scams, it will say Chicago, and you see palm trees in the background.

If it is a legitimate truck, the price is good. Check the bottom of the doors for rust, that truck most likely has the 47re transmission, which is the weak link. Drive it and make sure everything works, all the windows, heat and air, power mirrors, cruise, radio etc. The older Cummins engines are known to be very reliable.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I had an '01 Cummins and they don't make a better motor. Mine was a 5 speed so I can't comment on the auto tranny.

One thing I did have problems with was the lift pump...went through 3 of them in 4 years, but the Superchip might have had a little to do with that. It looks like one of the pumps was replaced. If it was the injector pump...that's a plus, but I would ask which one to make sure.

I would ask if the ball joints have been replaced too. If it's in as good of shape as the add says...it's a good deal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts