DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been on this forum a lot within the past month just browsing pictures as well as feedback on these trucks, and I have seen some great stuff, but also seen a strange amount of bad stuff. I am buying a 2012 sport to replace my srt8 jeep sometime in the near future (just due to practicality and saving some cash), and would like some reassurance in this purchase. I know that dodge is the right pick for me when it comes to a new 1500 because in my opinion the hemi is the best gas motor currently available in trucks among all brands, and lets not put aside the fact that rams absolutely look the meanest. But after seeing so much negative feedback on the reliability of these things, its making me ever so slightly second guess myself. Does anyone have any positive things to say for once when it comes to reliability on these trucks? Hearing things like rear ends going after 20k is not something I like to hear at all. :4-dontknow:

EDIT: might as well put a pic of the srt up for eyecandy for those of you who are helping me out with some words of wisdom haha

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Hey man

Got just over 17000km on her now and no new weird sounds or issues at all. Its really just a chance you take with any new vehicle. People are going to get the rough eggs out of the batch. With any brand.

Rear ends going with 20K, shes still under warranty so its not a big deal. I know its an in-convenience when you need to find rides/ re organize your schedule but if anything like that goes early. Warranty should cover it all.

Mines a 2011 and is unique as hell and I love her. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Here she is:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bordin, thanks for the response man, real nice to hear some positive words about the truck! looks incredible, I am going to be doing the same black mod theme but on gray. Looks mean dude!

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Thanks man, she definitely turns some heads. This is my first brand new vehicle and I don't regret it at all.

Your jeep looks wicked btw, how much you want for it? lol can always make room for that in the garage here!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im sure that truck turns some heads man! Looking to get like 38 to 40 for it, its a 2010 with 17k miles and bunch of mods haha

·
Registered
698 Posts
I don't know...you may be suffering from forum phobia. I'm a member of 3 motorcycle forums and 1 mountainbike forum. You go to any activity or brand specific forum, and you'll see/hear the negative and problem issues the loudest and most frequent. It's just the nature of forums. I don't really see anything odd or alarming on this forum about our Ram trucks. They are machines, and there will be some issues. I'm enjoying my first Dodge, and even after jumping the GM ship, I'm sleeping well at night...LOL!

On the dark side of possibility, we have an outstanding warranty.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't know...you may be suffering from forum phobia. I'm a member of 3 motorcycle forums and 1 mountainbike forum. You go to any activity or brand specific forum, and you'll see/hear the negative and problem issues the loudest and most frequent. It's just the nature of forums. I don't really see anything odd or alarming on this forum about our Ram trucks. They are machines, and there will be some issues. I'm enjoying my first Dodge, and even after jumping the GM ship, I'm sleeping well at night...LOL!

On the dark side of possibility, we have an outstanding warranty.
I too have been part of many forums, one being the srt forums, so I'm used to seeing problems but it just seemed to me as if there were a strangely high amount of major components failing way too early on with these trucks. But yes, the warranty offerred by dodge sure is outstanding.

·
Registered
12,860 Posts
Bought my sport in April this year and have just rolled over 34000km on her. I absolutely love my truck and wouldn't be driving anything else even if you paid me. Just can't go wrong with the Ram's, awesome trucks and I know more satisfied owners than ones with problems. Forums tend to show a negative side as this is the place to come for advise, don't let it phase you. I'm sure you won't regret jumping into a sport!

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
You are going to miss that jeep! Those SRT's are some really unique fun toys. I really wanted one when I bought my 2012 sport but damn they are proud of them. The only issue I have is a gold hood on a black truck lol. I'm going to get my hood repainted when I can give my truck up for a week.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Before buying my Ram, I lurked in the F150 and the Chevy/GMC forums as well as this one. I found that pick ups from all the major 3 have issues of some kind. But that is what the warranty is for. So I picked what was comfortable, road nice, had power and looks. You know, you just can't sweat these things.

·
Premium Member
15,440 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You are going to miss that jeep! Those SRT's are some really unique fun toys. I really wanted one when I bought my 2012 sport but damn they are proud of them. The only issue I have is a gold hood on a black truck lol. I'm going to get my hood repainted when I can give my truck up for a week.
Haha yah I have been told that I am going to miss it but I have been told I was going to miss other vehicles as well! The idea of having a truck that I can take wherever in whatever weather is a great thought though. Truck looks great RansRam and well said SFVDOC, thanks for the responses. :smileup:

·
Registered
125 Posts
i was in the same boat as you when looking for a new ride (though mine isnt a sport and isnt Hemi powered either). i was leaning real hard towards the ford (last 3 trucks were ford) and reading all the forums also, didnt bother looking at the GM's. what it all came down to was pricing and the other 2 were $3-4000 more for a lesser vehicle. since owning it for about 3 months now and 12000km i couldnt be happier with my decision, rides great, looks great, enough power for what i need and no issues at all :smileup:. just wished we had the same warranty coverage and you guys in the lower 48 though

still glad that i jumped ship!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i was in the same boat as you when looking for a new ride (though mine isnt a sport and isnt Hemi powered either). i was leaning real hard towards the ford (last 3 trucks were ford) and reading all the forums also, didnt bother looking at the GM's. what it all came down to was pricing and the other 2 were $3-4000 more for a lesser vehicle. since owning it for about 3 months now and 12000km i couldnt be happier with my decision, rides great, looks great, enough power for what i need and no issues at all :smileup:. just wished we had the same warranty coverage and you guys in the lower 48 though

still glad that i jumped ship!
Impressive jumping ship after 3 consecutive fords! Looks like you saved some cash as well as got the better vehicle, thanks for the response.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I've seen these same concerns on similar threads. Here's what I can tell you. I have a 2007 Charger R/T with 52k miles and never even had to replace a bulb on it. If you look on the Charger forums you will see negativity from time to time. I used to let it worry me, but I finally said whatever I'm gonna enjoy this vehicle. Now I have a new Ram to take care of and enjoy and I fully intend to do so. Get a Ram and have fun. I'm sure you enjoyed that SRT8.

DWW

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I've seen these same concerns on similar threads. Here's what I can tell you. I have a 2007 Charger R/T with 52k miles and never even had to replace a bulb on it. If you look on the Charger forums you will see negativity from time to time. I used to let it worry me, but I finally said whatever I'm gonna enjoy this vehicle. Now I have a new Ram to take care of and enjoy and I fully intend to do so. Get a Ram and have fun. I'm sure you enjoyed that SRT8.

DWW
Yes I sure have and have not had a single problem with it. Great to hear that you had such great luck with the charger! Hope your enjoying your new ram, I sure am pumped for it and to start modding it.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I have almost 300 miles on my Express and I love it so far:smileup:
I really don't think any of the big 3 are more or less reliable than the other. Dodge however seems to give you more for the money, especially if you are an enthusiast. Dual exhaust straight out the back, 20" wheels, Hemi engine, without being the top of the line $40K plus model.

People come to the forums because they like their vehicle or to complain about it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have almost 300 miles on my Express and I love it so far:smileup:
I really don't think any of the big 3 are more or less reliable than the other. Dodge however seems to give you more for the money, especially if you are an enthusiast. Dual exhaust straight out the back, 20" wheels, Hemi engine, without being the top of the line $40K plus model.

People come to the forums because they like their vehicle or to complain about it.
. Yah I feel the same way regarding the big three, it does seem as if they all have quality products these days. But no ones got the hemi power and aggressive appearance of the ram!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Figure I might as well ask these 2 questions in this thread then make a whole new one...

Do the sports always come with fully loaded interiors aka heated/cooled seats, steering wheel. As well as nav?

And the stock tire size on these is 275/60r20 which is a 33 inch tire correct?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts