DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys in new to the forum and I just got my 1997 Dodge Ram 1500 4 days ago and am having problems. I bought it from my fiance's brother in-law and i had him look it over and try to disable the buzzer. 20 minutes later he accomplished the task of diabling it however... My stereo doesnt work now and neither do my cabin lights. Just wondering if someone could help me out.

E

·
0 Posts
What did he do? Just pull a plug? If so, that ain't the solution.

What I'd do is replace the fuse, determine the buzzer source and unplug the module there vs. killing the whole circuit.

Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah. im not sure... he pulled out the little black box behind the fuze box where the sound was coming from. it stopped the sound and when i went to start the truck up the stereo did not come on and the cabin lights didnt come on. everything else worked except those. so he pluged the black box back in and nothing happened and we removed and pluged the fuze back in.

E

·
0 Posts
So if I understand what you said correctly, you plugged the module back in that he removed and the stereo and cabin lights still did not work? Did the buzzer come back when you did this?

·
Registered
462 Posts
Sounds like the perfect time to reboot the computers... turn key to ignition, disconnect neg battery cable, turn key off, then reconnect battery and see what kind of actor you get outta that process...

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
Sounds to me like Fuse 17 is blown. :)

·
Registered
462 Posts
I agree with that, too. If the fuse is history, I would assume that it would be OK to pull the buzzer out again, before putting a new fuse in, thinking something got touched while pulling the buzzer out last time...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts