DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had Torque Converter problems with my 2011, the problems started around 5.000 miles and about (11.000 miles) the Torque converter showed his true colors.

This is my old thread about it: http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=99305

Transmission was dropped 3 times and torque converter was replaced twice. After this ordeal I decided to replace my truck.

On my last visit to the dealer, they made an offer in my truck, and offered 10.000 rebates + 1000 USAA member discount. As fast as lighting I accepted the offer.
Being a member of this forum for nearly a year, and after reading numerous threads with members regrets for not getting a better truck (ex. 3.92 vs 3.55 rear axle, anti-spin differential, and other things),
I went to the parking lot with a list on my mind. I spot a truck that I liked and went directly to the window sticker.

Color Silver:checked (just don't want another black truck, too hard to keep clean and scratches too easily, but is the best looking truck when is clean IMO).
4x4 - checked (my last dodge was 4x2 and I learned my lesson when I got stuck in 2inch of mud with a friend laughing at me.
3.92 Rear axle- checked (had 3.55 before and I learned my lesson when I had to tow my trailer).
Anti-Spin Differential Rear Axle- checked (I learned my lesson on slippery conditions)

those were the four main things that I looked for, but the truck came with some extra perks.

Protection group: Tow Hooks, Transfer case Skid plate and front suspension skid Plate)
Electric Shift-On-Demand Transfer Case
Class IV Receiver Hitch
Technology Group: Park-sense(R) Rear Park Assist System
Luxury group: 506-Watt Alpine(R) Surround w/ 9 Speakers & Subwoofer
Remote Start System
Uconnect(R) Voice Command with Bluetooth(R)
Glove Box Remote USB Port

Extra negotiation: Oval Nerf Bars (on order for free)

The 2012 is a much better truck IMO, the 3.92 rear axle feels much stronger and the truck stays in ECO longer.
I am very happy with this purchase and thanks to the members of Forum Z for being here and to educate us how to fix, perform MODS and buy a better truck.

Enjoy the pics!!!!

:smileup:

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congrats!!! You make me want to do the same..LOL:LOL:

I was so sick of my 2011 TC problems, and the mistakes I did when I bought it (3.55, no anti-spin.....) that I had no other option than look for a new truck. The dealer gave a good deal on a 2012, I am much happier now.

·
Registered
12,860 Posts
Excellent upgrade. Now go out and sit in the new truck, don't turn it on and just listen. When it's really quiet you can hear it whisper "mod me!"

·
Administrator
2008 RAM 1500 ST 3.7L Magnum V6 PS2
54,092 Posts
Well hi ho silver, that is a beautiful truck, congrats and sounds like you got everything you wanted with this one! :smileup:

- Cajun

·
Banned
972 Posts
Nice! That rebate is awesome too

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice! That rebate is awesome too
I was surprise on the rebates as well. I got it from Nyle Maxwell Dodge in Austin.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Nice truck!! Very similar to mine, but mine's in black! You must not live far from my hometown, I almost went to Nyle Maxwell for mine, but ended up at Mac Haik in Georgetown b/c of employee pricing for military and my father-in-law had friends working there. Awesome deal for a very nice 2012, brother!

·
Registered
669 Posts
Nice truck! Glad you got insane rebates, the fact that they sticker a 1/2 ton gas truck with cloth interior at 40k is laughable. You stole it for 29 tho. Nice ride!

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice truck!! Very similar to mine, but mine's in black! You must not live far from my hometown, I almost went to Nyle Maxwell for mine, but ended up at Mac Haik in Georgetown b/c of employee pricing for military and my father-in-law had friends working there. Awesome deal for a very nice 2012, brother!

I went to Mac Haik to buy it but they just want to give 5.500 on rebates+military. Nyle still giving 10.000 off this week. I am in Killeen.

·
Banned
972 Posts
I went to Mac Haik to buy it but they just want to give 5.500 on rebates+military. Nyle still giving 10.000 off this week. I am in Killeen.
Do you ever go to the killeen car show? There's a couple rams that go. And maybe I'll see your truck around town

·
Registered
88 Posts
Damn, that's a nice rebate! Ya Mac Haik is supposed to do employee pricing (like 5% below invoice) for all military plus all of the national rebates (which was $6000 when my wife bought mine, not sure what it is now...) But regardless you got a great truck at a great price! I love the Lone Star! You up at Ft. Hood? I grew up in Florence, not far from there, but am currently stationed in Illinois and moving to Alaska... although I'm in Uruzgan province, Afg. right now, lol!

·
Registered
8,602 Posts
Congratulations

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Beautiful!! Now all it needs is some truck tires! Congrats.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Do you ever go to the killeen car show? There's a couple rams that go. And maybe I'll see your truck around town

I never went to a car show here in Killeen, too busy with the Army. Please let me know when the next on gets near. I add you an my friends list. See you around.

·
Banned
972 Posts
I never went to a car show here in Killeen, too busy with the Army. Please let me know when the next on gets near. I add you an my friends list. See you around.
It's every friday by kohls and guitar center. Used to be at target then dicks in heights. There's a red ram R/T but sometimes he'll bring out his red corvette gran sport corvette and corvette zr1, a white laramie crew cab, a black 3rd gen quad cab lifted with front replacement bumper(diamond plate bumper), sometimes a ram srt10, and sometimes a massive lifted black 2nd gen. Not so much a car show, more of a car gathering since there's no actual judging. Some cool cars like a yellow 1,000+ hp viper, shelby super snakes, old ac cobra, bunch of vettes, camaros, and mustangs, old red dodge truck with a supercharged motor and massive slicks, classic 70s challengers, sometimes a lamborghini or ferrari. I accepted your request. And hopefully I'll see you around town soon, I have a red 2012 crew cab lonestar with diamond plate front bumper and temp tags so if you see me just honk or something

1 - 20 of 25 Posts