DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GM just announced cancellation of the Avalanche. Gee, I wonder if Ram truck sales had anything to do with it? There were more Rams sold in Canada last month then any other month, ever. Loving my '12 Sport.

·
Premium Member
32,794 Posts
they stopped production because only something like 30,000 sold last year

·
Some Assembly Required
7,205 Posts
I am sure truck month helps :D

But I agree, the longer I have mine, the more I love it! Like a fine scotch whiskey, It just keeps getting better with age!

·
Registered
55 Posts
No offense to any Avalanche owners, but besides the Honda Ridgeline, the Avalanche was the worst looking pickup/truck on the planet. I had a hard time even qualifying it as a pickup.

I've never seen a reason to own either one so it doesn't hurt my feelings one bit to see it shut down.

Rant over :D

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
No offense to any Avalanche owners, but besides the Honda Ridgeline, the Avalanche was the worst looking pickup/truck on the planet. I had a hard time even qualifying it as a pickup.

I've never seen a reason to own either one so it doesn't hurt my feelings one bit to see it shut down.

Rant over :D
I never thought of it as really a truck either, but I think they looked pretty cool. Especially the early ones with the painted plastic trim on bottom.
It's kind of a truck look for someone that doesn't really need a truck IMO

·
Some Assembly Required
7,205 Posts
Lol, like a fine scotch whiskey, mine gets more expensive with age.
LOL, well when they get older, they will require more maintenance I am sure.

I fully expect to need front end work (ball joints, etc) before 200,000 miles.

Not sure how many miles your's has, but it is 10 years old, and they are machines. Also, I hate to say it but the build quality of the 4th gen's is far better than the 2nd and 3rd gen's. I would know, I have had both.:4-dontknow:

Mechanically, they weren't the best. The 2000, I could barely take on a road trip without worry, the 05 was just a constant money pit-$1200 rack and pinion, 2 front halfshafts, ball joints/control arms, rust over the wheel wells in the rear, rusty rear bumper, transmission, rear end, the list goes on.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
LOL, well when they get older, they will require more maintenance I am sure.

I fully expect to need front end work (ball joints, etc) before 200,000 miles.

Not sure how many miles your's has, but it is 10 years old, and they are machines. Also, I hate to say it but the build quality of the 4th gen's is far better than the 2nd and 3rd gen's. I would know, I have had both.:4-dontknow:

Mechanically, they weren't the best. The 2000, I could barely take on a road trip without worry, the 05 was just a constant money pit-$1200 rack and pinion, 2 front halfshafts, ball joints/control arms, rust over the wheel wells in the rear, rusty rear bumper, transmission, rear end, the list goes on.
Rust was a big issue on my 3rd gen as well. And once one small part broke down, it seemed like it created a nasty domino effect. I like what they've done with he 4th Gen's, they've come a long way in a short amount of time when you compare them to the Ford and Chevy. Now if they could just fix my squeaky center console shifter area it would be perfect lol

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
I guess I got lucky on my 2nd and 3rd gen rams. Only problem I had was my trans going out on my 01, but it had about 150k on it. Hopefully my good luck keeps up cause I love my 11 sport, best vehicle I've owned by far

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.