DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey guys. I just got a used '12 hemi ram rcsb pickup. I have these 3 codes, which leaves on my ECS light and won't let cruise control work. Nothing else seems to be the matter. Is there any common issue that causes this? It runs fine with or without the code, but after being erased, they come on in a few minutes. The dealer will fix it, but they are 3 hours away, and will likely take multiple days.

They won't work with me over the phone, just say I have to bring it in.

I know what the code names are, just not what causes these 3 at the same time.

Thanks!

And its 2wd, if that matters.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I could not find C1000 in the 2018 FSM but google found this:

http://www.obd2-code.com/2017/11/c1000-brake-pedal-switch-1-circuit.html

This is from the 2018 FSM:
28 - DTC-Based Diagnostics / MODULE, Powertrain Control (PCM), 5.7L / Diagnosis and Testing

P0572-BRAKE SWITCH 1 STUCK ON

Theory of Operation

The Brake Pedal Position (BPP) Sensor is hard wired to the Anti-lock Brake System (ABS) Module. The ABS Module broadcasts the BPP Sensor signal information, as well as the Master Cylinder Pressure Sensor signal information out over the CAN Bus. The Master Cylinder Pressure Sensor is internal to the Hydraulic Control Unit (HCU).

The Master Cylinder Pressure (MCP) Sensor signal is utilized to support Brake Pedal Position Rationality and Brake Pedal Sensor Diagnostic. Autonomous braking systems such as Active Cruise Control (ACC) have the potential to defeat the Brake Pedal Position Rationality diagnostic as the vehicle can be brought to a complete stop without depressing the Brake Pedal, thus false failing the rationality. The Brake Pedal Position Rationality needs the MCP Sensor Signal to determine if any autonomous braking system is active. The MCP Sensor only measures the brake system pressure applied by the vehicle operator and is not affected by ABS, parking brake or autonomous braking systems.

The Brake Torque (BT) signal is a calculated measurement of braking force as determined by the ABS Module. The BT signal is used as a third correlating signal for BPP Rationality diagnostics and is accurate during both vehicle operator braking, as well as autonomous braking events.

When Monitored and Set Conditions

When Monitored: This diagnostic runs continuously when the following conditions are met:

•With the vehicle in drive.
•Vehicle speed above 27.35 km/h (17 mph).
•APP Sensor voltage above a calibrated threshold indicating the Accelerator Pedal is being pressed.

Set Conditions:

•The voltage signal input from the Brake Pedal Position (BPP) Sensor indicates that the Brake Pedal is being pressed for a minimum of 30 seconds.

Default Actions:

•The MIL will illuminate.
•If the vehicle is equipped with the stop/start feature, the system will be disabled when this DTC is active.

Possible Causes

5-VOLT SUPPLY CIRCUIT OPEN OR SHORTED
BPP POSITION SIGNAL CIRCUIT SHORTED TO VOLTAGE
BPP POSITION SIGNAL CIRCUIT SHORTED TO THE 5-VOLT SUPPLY CIRCUIT
BPP SENSOR SIGNAL CIRCUIT SHORT TO GROUND
BPP POSITION SIGNAL CIRCUIT SHORTED TO THE BPP RETURN CIRCUIT
BPP SENSOR SIGNAL CIRCUIT OPEN/HIGH RESISTANCE
BPP SENSOR RETURN CIRCUIT OPEN/HIGH RESISTANCE
BRAKE PEDAL POSITION (BPP) SENSOR
ANTI LOCK BRAKE CONTROL MODULE

1 - 3 of 3 Posts