DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been covered and the vast majority of people say no there is no locker or lsd for the C205FD Front on a 4th generation ram 1500. My question is We are building a heavily modified pulling truck out of a 2010 with a 5.7 being equipped with a 410 stroker kit, ported and polished heads with dual valve springs and on top of the build slapping a ripp supercharger set up on top. Now were trying to find out if it is possible to take either a 8" ifs dif locker or lsd out of say a Toyota set up or a gm set up and put It in the C205FD Front. Has this ever been done or anything along these lines? Were racing against time to get the truck ready for season so please Help us out! Also if there is any threads on swapped out diffs in these trucks please point me in that direction!

frustrating working with new platforms apposed to the classics :doh:

·
Registered
507 Posts
id say that would be a first. But you should try it, it would be interesting to see. Ive searched high and low for lockers or a swap for an ifs that can use lockers and i haven't found anything.

Id love to see you get it worked out.

·
Banned
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Were working hard to find something, been contacting every diff guy we know of in Canada and US. Everybody sais the same "you will crack your diff housing wide open under stress" Well for one, Were going to be reinforcing everything if we figure it out, 2. They're not thinking of the application most people in search of it are going to be off-roading and stressing those axles on all sorts of angles. We just want to lock it up for driving in a straight line. I Don't plan on building a custom swap because I want it to be a 4th gen platform all around.

On second Note I noticed my struts are leaking today when I was in there so guess im going strut shopping now as well.

Will keep searching in mean time and keep you posted on what we come up with.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts