DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, I need to pull the trigger on these nerf bars. It's still not getting old watching the wife climb in hahahaha. But I really need to fix it for her.

I like the N-FAB style myself. The last question is 4 or 6 step????

Looks??? I am sure some like the 2 vs 3 step.
Usability??? Do you wish you had that third step??? Do you wish you did not have if??

I'm thinking it would be nice to have that third step. But do I like the look.

Me...

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
I had wheel to wheel nerfs on my 2500 and loved them because I hated stepping in trash at the transfer station and walked the length of them to get in rear body to toss the trash...lmao...But those N fab 6 step sets are nice I think. You cant walk along them like the 300 lb 6' 5" guy looking alot like an idiot to everyone that drives in (that would be me), but they would def help getting stuff in and out of the body IMO.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
hopefully you dont scratch the side of your truck leaning over it everytime. I am sure in most cases it is just as easy to open the tail gate, especially if you ever end up with a tonneau cover than the 3rd step is almost useless with a cover. But those are just my thoughts, I dont have steps and wont be putting a set of this truck, my next one will have n fab steps though

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
hopefully you dont scratch the side of your truck leaning over it everytime. I am sure in most cases it is just as easy to open the tail gate, especially if you ever end up with a tonneau cover than the 3rd step is almost useless with a cover. But those are just my thoughts, I dont have steps and wont be putting a set of this truck, my next one will have n fab steps though
Good points all of them... :)

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't have them on my current truck. I had a Tonneau on my last truck. When It wore out I did not replace it. If it was a long bed I would be considering a box and would surely get the 3 step.

Hmmm. A bed stop would help remove the requirement for steps at the cab end of the bed.

me...

·
Registered
406 Posts
I have the 2 steps per side on my 09 and its lifted 6", if I had to do it all over again I would of got the 3rd step, it looks better imo, and less trucks running around with them. Also there has been plenty of times I could of used that 3rd step

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Any other thoughts???

Me...

·
Registered
125 Posts
my opinion is if you dont get them you will want them. im getting wheel to wheel step ups for my truck eventually and i do like the look of the 3 step up positions

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, I do like these with the 3 steps.

Me...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts